Question Details

dconway1, Home Buyer in Athens, TX

Listing data is horrible

Asked by dconway1, Athens, TX Sun Mar 3, 2013

Having viewed far too many of your listings, I have found the following:
1. Photos are poorly composed and poorly exposed
2. Too few photos to do justice to the listing
3. Too much junk shown in photos - what is being sold? The house or the junk.
4. Information provided is insufficent and poorly composed.

Answers

4
Hi dconway,
As others have stated; it is the listing agent who takes the photos on their listings or they hire a professional photographer. Trulia has nothing to do with how listing photos can be poor quality or lacking in number as they are a home search site which listings feed into. The listing agent has all the power on which photos are shown and how many.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Yes, it is not the fault of Trulia that the photos are lousy or the information is not well done it falls squarely on the listing agent. I agree with all of Terri's comments - my favorites are photos in wrong seasons like with snow when now it is Spring and I agree I love the comments hurry won't last long and it has been 90 days or more. I kinda like pets in photos especially if their eyes glow like demons - LOL.
I don't disagree at all; however Trulia is a "listing aggregation service" meaning they collect and share data from other sources. In many cases it is the listing agent or seller's photos that are to blame, not Trulia.
Yep, I agree with you. There are agents who don't take the time to market a property professionally. You may also be dealing with a tenant occupied property and then the agent has to decide do I show the tenant's junk, or do I minimize the photos I take?

I have a lot of pet peeves about photos. (1) I don't like to see the toilet seat lid up. We know what it's used for, so please closed it before taking the photo (2) Can you see yourself in the mirror? Then so can we. Don't use it (3) Children, pets, or other people should not be in the photos. (4) TV? Turn it off. We don't care who Dr. Phil has on his show. (5) Outdated photos. Retake them after the Christmas decorations are down. (6) Your purse? Seriously could you just move it out of the shot? (7) Sideways photos. Do you even look at what you post on the MLS and internet?

Those are just a few. I won't even get started on the comments, like "This house will sell itself" or " It won't last." When after 30 days it's still on.

Keep note of those agents and decide whether or not it's an agent you would want to represent you in your purchase or sale.

Have an amazing day!
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com