Linkline77, Home Buyer in Morris County, NJ

Listing agent will not make me appt to see a home. Says the tenant isn't replying to his calls. I know the tenant and found out he has not called.Help

Asked by Linkline77, Morris County, NJ Tue Aug 13, 2013

Answers

17
Is anyone in the this business concerned that our public image might be compromised when agent after agent replies to these dubious requests with the same tired "Call me and I will make the appointment and show you the house". You see this on nearly every question. If there is any possible hint that the questioner could be a sales lead, you see a parade of 5-15 agents crying out: "Call me! call me! call me!. I will be the one to help you like no other".

I think it makes us look like the losers in the movie "Glengarry Glen Ross" in my opinion.

I mean, honestly. If you are the 5th or 10th or 11th agent piling on to the cascade, don't you think it looks a bit foolish, if not desperate?

The question is rhetorical, because the answer is yes. It does look foolish. And it does look desperate. And it makes our profession look foolish. And it makes our profession look desperate.
I wouldn't worry too much about it...most of these questions seem like they are planted from ficticious sources anyway....
Flag Thu Oct 31, 2013
Don't deal with the listing agent. Have your own agent get you in. If you still get nowhere call me I will get you in. 908-285-1284
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 14, 2013
Sounds very complicated - go through the proper channels to gain access.
Link,
Sounds like you called on my tenant occupied listing.
The tenant DID NOT agree to any showing schedule and DID NOT answer or respond to my calls.
Although my sign with image was on the front lawn, when I stopped by to inquire about activity, she did not recognize me and responded, "The agent has never called me." Needless to say. I was left without words.
-
Meanwhile, other agents and buyers are piling up, awaiting the opportunity to see this home.
When access was granted, the one and only day the home was shown, the buyer was able to overlook the 'hoarder' attributes and made a purchase offer that was accepted.
-
There are many reasons a tenant will not cooperate. Unfortunately, all blame is placed on the agents involved, just as your question does.
=
Further, when I encounter buyers whose intent is to blame, not participate, they are never invited to the negotiation table.
Caprice is likely right - the listing agent likely needs to go through specific steps to get you in the door. Now that you've made connection with tenant they'll be more receptive to the agent's call. If you really do think you are being stonewalled, then call the broker - or manager of the listing office - for support,

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Serivce, Unsurpassed Results
Hello Linkline77,

You may know the tenant,but you may not know the whole story. I have encountered this scenario quite a bit in my career .Sometimes,The tenant may not want to move. Therefore, they may not answer calls to show the apartment. Sometimes the owner is not that motivated, either, because he has paying tenants. Which pay for the taxes,expenses etc. If the place were vacant the owner would be a lot more motivated. The listing agent will not get paid until closing,unless he has some other arrangement. Therefore it is in his best interest to show his listing. You might be better off seeking a vacant property.Unless you are looking for a fully rented property. Good Luck.

Caprice
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 6, 2013
Dear LineLine77:

I find it very odd that a listing agent is making it difficult for someone to see the property. Is there something about YOUR qualifications or something you said to the agent that would make him think you are wasting his/her time?....possibly like you are "already working with an agent"?????

Please tell us the REAL story....
Confront your agent and then find a new agent.
don't deal with the listing agent. Have your agent get you in. If your agent cant call me I will get you in. cell 908-285-1284
I would be happy to show you the home. Please send me the listing information and give me a call. Thanks.

Susan Zanzonico
973-214-5872
Weichert, Realtors
Email: szanzonico@optonline.net
Don't assume you Agent is not trying. Sometimes a tenant has an agenda of their own. Perhaps they don't want to move! There is no reason an Agent shouldn't want to help you.

Ask your Agent to call the other Agent to push for an appointment.

It is good that you are asking questions.
Don't be to quick to jump to another Agent unless you two just don't get along.
And beware of Agents that suggest you do so!
I have to assume he is not trying. I have called 4 times in 1 week and aside from him having a meltdown, he has not been proactive at all. Like I said, I casually know the person residing and he claims no calls have been received asking for permission to enter. This person has no reason to lie, and it seems to be the piece to fit the puzzle. The agent, however, cannot keep his stories straight. He says, I'll call tomorrow... doesn't. I am always calling and he returns my calls. After a week of back and forth calls for a showing, he suddenly tells me it can only be shown on Sunday. ???? I suppose it's as simple as finding a new agent. I thought the listing agent would be assertive since he would make the entire commission.
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013
I would be happy to help with this. Send me the listing info.
Best of luck,
Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.yourkwagent.com
I would love to set up the appointment for you ASAP. Give me a call 973-330-6228!
If you want to email me the address,I can make the appointment for you.
Sounds like you need to have a frank conversation with your Realtor and decide whether or not they are someone you trust to move forward with. Good luck!
Yes, I had a frank convo w him. He clearly was unable to keep his thoughts straight. I was patient and considered maybe he had a bad day. Now it appears he is playing games.
Flag Tue Aug 13, 2013
Knock on the door? If there is no other way to reach someone, I just show up.
I had same situation with a Tom Grizzard Realtor here in The Villages