Home Buying in Walnut>Question Details

Juvy, Home Buyer in Rowland Heights, CA

Listing agent not cooperating with buyer's agent

Asked by Juvy, Rowland Heights, CA Tue Jul 7, 2009

I have a lender tied up with my agent. I want to buy a particular property, however, for some reasons the listing agent don't want to cooperate with my agent. Is there anyway for us to get the sellers info and talk directly to them?

Answers

3
I have learned that if something is suspicious it is because the whole story is not being told or misinterpreted.
Why did you ask this from the lender's side of things i.e. "I have a lender tied with my agent..." First I would investigate and make sure everything is on the up and up. For instance your listing agent has a REALTOR's license and so does the Buyer's Agent, otherwise they may not be ethically bound to work together or licensed.
If everything is on the up and up; your agent should have his/her broker contact the listing broker and get on the same page but before that your agent should have already gone through the steps of writing up an offer, and provided to the listing agent. This Real Estate 101 and your agent for sake of this writing submitted the paperwork then there should be a response, also in writing. Again if not, the Broker's should be informed of the non-compliance. My feeling is that someone is not following process or something weird is going on. From experience I have had this happen when a listing agent was holding off a property for another buyer, fearing my offer would get accepted over their friends. That is when the brokers step in. But again, your agent should know all this, it is basic stuff and makes me wonder if it is your agent and not the listor.
Hello Juvy,
I saw your question. If the listing agent does not respond to your agent phone calls or faxes, your agent could talk directly to the Broker of that listing agent & say "I was unable to receive a response from XXX so I am contacting you for ...". You could also obtain the information of the seller but remember you have an agent that represents You and will be looking for your best interest so let her/him do his/her job. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.inesdelacruz.com
I would not promote that approach, rather have your agent write up the offer and delivery it to the listing agents office. Ask the receptionist to call the agent while your agent is in the lobby. If they are unable to locate the listing agent ask for the listing agent's broker and present the offer to the managing broker.