Home Buying in Cary Park>Question Details

RD, Home Buyer in Morrisville, NC

Lennar or orleans for RTP employee?

Asked by RD, Morrisville, NC Mon Jan 4, 2010

I am looking for a house near RTP for a $300 range . Which location is better for resale and best for buck?
Stonewater - Capri In Verzino(off 55) or Orleans home at Weldon Ridge (Cary ).

Answers

7
it is impossible to say which community would be better for resale since they are both new neighborhoods. Most if not every resale via the MLS has been at a loss to the original homeowner, and there are reasons for this.

Both have similar community amenities, and both have similar interior finishes. Weldon RIdge appears to be higher priced since the lots are larger.

As others have said - you should hire a Buyer's Agent to sit down with you, listen to your needs, go over your options, and represent your best interests. Any of us could explain to you the benefits and pitfalls of buying new construction in that area of the Triangle, and would be pleased to earn your trust and business.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 4, 2010
These are both good communities and good builders. Which do you like the most? Why? These same thought processes will be in play to another buyer when you are ready to sell.
Hi RD, you have received some great advise. One thing you can look at to help determine resale value is the schools. Mills Park elementary is a Honor School of Excellence. Depending on how long you plan to live in the home will make a difference as the school ratings can change, but I find many buyers look at school districts. Here is a website for school info http://www.wcpss.net/test-scores/nc-abcs/2009/elementary.html.
I lived in Carpenter Village (7 yrs) original in Morrisville and then rezoned to Cary and I made the commute to RTP (I'm an ex IMBer). I work with Buyers and Sellers. With Buyers I use a comprehensive Buyer Consultation to help narrow down the search and find the perfect home that meets all your needs.
Best of luck with your home search.
Shelia
I put my vote in on the study. When I take clients out, having a dedicated office area is a major decision maker. Not having to bring in a carpenter to close off a formal living room to make an office is a big plus. Would like to help you search and brainstorm for your next home, why don't you call me and we can chat. 919-656-5740. Talk to you soon, Dave Jezierski
I agree with Michael. I'd suggest you to work with a buyer agent who has done business in both communities or this area in general. He or she can share some valuable experiences and the buying knowledge with you. The service doesn't cost you any, but protect you along the way. Onsite agent is representing the builder, not the buyer.

Love to have a job interview if you are interested in hiring a buyer agent.

I am comparing among new plan Remington B (Lennar ) and WestMinster(Weldon Ridge). I am not sure if having a study at first floor is good from resale point of view. Also WestMinster is costing more around $28k.Lennar is within range ($306k).

Lennar community will do better once the mall and park comes there? Also , I feel stone water little congested,no idea how it will look after mall and park.
Wow
That's a tough one, both great homes, great area's convenient to the park, I live close to the park as well. I think resale will be fairly comparable in either neighborhood, depending on years of ownership.
Here is a link to everything available, are you interested in the single family or townhouse? If you email me directly I would love to work with you and weigh out the options based on your needs and pick the best neighborhood for you, there is no cost to you and usually we can help you with the builder, as far as concessions and you will have someone to represent your best interest.

http://trianglemls.mlxtempo.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=19664460…

There are a total of 28 homes attached
Michael
Web Reference: http://www.colvinm.hpw.com