organicjack79, Home Buyer in Malibu, CA

Leaving Malibu for Fallbrook.Want 10 acres, 4000 /- sq ft. home. Schools, crime, costs? Looking in 2 weeks.Suggestions? Want to plant a grove.

Asked by organicjack79, Malibu, CA Fri Aug 16, 2013

Renting home in Malibu so fast move. Need space for organic lifestyle and pets. Schools very important. 5 bedroom, 4 bath. Thanks

Answers

21
There are several homes/farms that fit your criteria. Prices range from $1.1M to just under $6M. Water and distance to schools is the most important criteria. Unfortunately the public schools in Fallbrook aren't the best in the county. There are some negative reviews online that really didn't attract me to them and the standardized test scores are kind of blah. However, the standouts are Iowa St. Elementary School and James E. Potter Intermediate School. There are five homes in close proximity to these schools that fit your criteria. Click the link in the web reference below for the list of properties and details about each home.

J.R. Thrasher
http://www.SanDiegoRealEstateVeterans.com
619-929-0105
Will you be okay with 6 acres? I have a home with 6 acres in Fallbrook. Already has irrigation in place Bonsall schools -- excellent. Let me know if that work or if you have questions. Thanks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013
We were at $5000 but will reduce for quick move in. Please feel free to call me or email me for details as I am usually on the road and not on the answer board. If my phone takes up all the lines, you might get a disconnect signal or tone -- don't believe it, my phone works fine. Thanks. :)
Flag Sat Sep 21, 2013
HI Susan, How much? I may have an interested party.
Flag Sun Sep 15, 2013
Jack, sounds like a great plan. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Della Wells
Sunshine Properties
330 N Main Ave, Fallbrook
760 802-7273
dellaw@sunshineprops.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 19, 2013
Thank you! I am currently researching and using the information you provided. I will be contacting and organizing in the upcoming weeks. I appreciate all the information and it's given me a starting point. Jack
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 19, 2013
There is a newly listed property that could be just what you are looking for. It is 4,712 sq ft, 6 bedroom, 5.5 baths, built 2010, with casita, 5 car garage, views, avocados, vineyard, on 8 acres. The photos look stunning. Listed at $1,150,000 it appears to be a really good buy as well. Any interest?
Della Wells/Sunshine Properties dellaw@sunshineprops.net (760) 802-7273
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013
There is a community called De Luz which is in Temecula but borders Fallbrook. Temecula and Murrieta, both have excellent schools and Temecula was named the second safest City in the U.S. according to FBI crime statistics. Here's an interactive map showing the area of De Luz and Fallbrook. De Luz has the lifestyle you mention with lots of room, Parcels are a minimum of 5 acres. https://maps.google.com/maps?q=de+luz+road,+fallbrook&hl…
Good morning Jack,
My name is Estevan Chantes and I just listed a property in Fallbrook.
If you aren't already in escrow, take a look at this new listing.
2385 Palo Vista Road in Fallbrook.
It is a Gentleman's Avocado Grove that is meticulously maintained and has access to a fresh water. It is a modest house at 3 bedrooms and 2 bath. The site features sweeping views of the valley. It is on a private road and nestled up against the Fallbrook Country Club and Golf Course.
Call me if you want to set an appointment to see it.
626-253-3538
Thank you much and have a great day.

Estevan
If you're planning to grow citrus you may want to check out this link: https://www.google.com/#q=citrus+disease

There's a lot of funny things happening in the citrus arena nowadays. We had one of the oldest and largest citrus ranches in Temecula and finally had to sell it when Oranges started costing us about $5 each to cultivate.

Avacados like hilly slopes and Palms are like weeds in North County. Know a lot of folks sitting on a whole lot of Palms right now.

Be careful about purchasing an existing orchard. Have it thoroughly inspected for any/all types of deceases. Also find out how old the growth is. You don't want to spend money on a grove that's run its course. Tearing out and re planting is a nasty and costly task at best. Good luck.
Planting a grove can be tricky you would be better off to buy a property with and existing grove, plus very important if possible get a property with a good well as water costs are high and getting higher. If you need an agent that knows ag properties let me know. Thanks!
Hi Jack, Please email maureen@landangel.com or call/text me at 760 622 6855 and I can send current, accurate online properties for sale with your criteria and set up a tour to view and submit offer[s] asap. Benefit from my 40 years on Multi-state designated broker and local North San Diego County CA Agent and resident experience. We have the great lenders, inspectors, handymen, contractors, title and escrow officers to provide a smooth transaction for yo and your family as well. Lets make home happen. Thanks!! Maureen
Web Reference: http://www.coastal.biz
Hi organic Jack! I'm a horse property specialist. I currently have 16+acres for sale in Rainbow (part of Fallbrook) for sale, it was a Bird of Paradise Flower Farm. This area has predominately Avocado and flower farms, the perfect area for what your looking for. Don't forget to look at De Luz which is in Riverside county and is Temecula too. It is the same as the Fallbrook area, just across the "border" of San Diego County. There are so many wonderful listings of houses with grove on acreage all around these hills. Just beautiful, and available! The sq ft you want is very attainable, the average in De Luz is from 3500-4500 sq ft. It depends on what price range you want, you can get an Estate with your own vineyard in the privacy of your own home! ($2.2mil) There are up to 6 bedrooms, average 5 acres...very exciting...prices are varied according to you preferences.
Give me a call for a viewing!
Jacqueline Donohue
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
951 878-9007
We would love to help you with your search. We are a one stop, turnkey family owned and operated Real Estate Broker, General Contractor, Developer, Architectural, Engineering, Landscape and Interior Design Company/s with over 100 years of combined experience in San Diego.

Our team can locate, refurbish, renovate, remodel, do room additions, plan your orchard, design your landscape and interior. We are located in the Buena Creek area of Northeast Vista just South of Bonsall and Fallbrook in a very nice agricultural community with lots of Citrus, Avacados and myriad agricultural specialties.

Our home & property of 34 years sits on a flat hilltop with a beautiful panoramic ocean view and breathless Catalina and San Clemente Island sunsets. We have over 100 species of various fruits, plants and trees and are very sensitive to the agricultural community.

Our family not only helped master plan and develop Rancho California back in the 60's (now known as Temecula) we also owned one of the largest citrus ranches in the heart of what is now Temecula's Wine Country. We subsequently sold to a vintner about 10 years ago.

We have a very deep seeded cultural and personal history to the North San Diego area and take our clients very seriously. Please feel free to contact us anytime at 760 815-6977 or email me at onthelevel@cox.net. Feel free to log onto any of our very user friendly websites:

http://www.tagrealestatesales.com
http://www.intimatelivinginteriors.com
http://www.chadofalltrades.com
As far as costs for what you are describing, you will be in the $1,200,000+ range. Realistically, you are closer to $2,000,000. Your choices will be somewhat limited unless you are willing to compromise on some of the parameters such as the parcel size, the bedroom count, home square footage, etc. Location will also play an important role in the price. Some of the best values for your desires could be Valley Center. Would you like for me to email you some suggested properties for your review?
Della Wells
Sunshine Properties Real Estate
330 N Main Ave, Fallbrook
(760) 802-7273
dellaw@sunshineprops.net
I can get you started by pre-approving you for a purchase loan. That way you will be able to move on the house you want and you know what is in your budget. You can call me at 408-352-5147 or email me at AGreer@themortgageoutlet.com. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com. I will look at your situation and present you with some options.

Alex Greer
I used to live in Malibu and have relocated to the Fallbrook area and I love it! I live in Bonsall, which is a smaller community with great schools and many farming opportunities. It is closer to the Ocean than Fallbrook, so the weather is more pleasant and there are many organic farms. I have an Avocado grove. My three children attended Bonsall Elementary, Sullivan Middle School and now Bonsall will be having it's own High School starting in 2014. It is an amazing and unique community, much like Malibu, but much more affordable :)
Please contact me as I would love to tell you more and I know of several properties that might work for you. My favorite thing to do is to introduce people to this amazing area!

You can contact me at 760-717-4107
My name is Linda
Hello Jack,

Fallbrook & Bonsall is a wonderful place to look! I've been selling real estate for over 35 years and specialized in Land & avocado groves for many years. I actually own a couple groves as a side business which are irrigated by wells and the large pumps are powered by solar. One needs to be able to compete with other countries that do not have the high water costs as we do here in San Diego County. I live and work in Fallbrook!

Give me a call if I can assist!

Jack Dudenhoeffer, Broker
(760) 695-8900
Cycad1234@aol.com
Hello oranicjack79,
I specialize in helping Buyers who are relocating to the area (Fallbrook, Bonsall) find exactly what they are looking for in a home. Currently I am assisting a family relocating from the Portland area. I would appreciate the opportunity to get to know a little more about your needs and help you with the specific information and property you are looking for.
Please give me a call. (760) 689-8525
It might be more cost effective to buy a home with an existing grove if you could find one you like. You will have considerable cost involved in putting in irrigation, buying trees, and waiting the 4 or so years until they are in production. I assume you are referring to avocados, right? Would you like for me to send you information on properties that might fit your wants? I have lived and worked out of a local real estate office that specializes in groves and land for over 25 years. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you. I can also provide information about the schools and crime statistics.
I can be reached on my cell phone at 760 802-7273 or be email at dellaw@sunshineprops.net
My office is located at 330 N Main Ave, Fallbrook. I would look forward to working with you.
Hello Jack,

I'll show you some properties that fit your parameters. When would you like to get together?

Media Fettinger
Century 21 Award
MFettinger@century21award.com
Hi there,

We're the top producing team in Fallbrook and have lived here for over 20 years. We would love to help you. Give us a call.

Rudy & Sandy Gallegos
RE/MAX United
(760)985-9600
That almost soinds like my listing on 6949 Lumber Pine in Fallbrook. if suggest Starting on my website http://www.LivinginFallbrook.com.
If its out there, it will be on my website.
I'd suggest Bonsall, as well.

I know these parts very well
I just helped a client purchase a home in Bonsall on 5 acres w Grove address is 6561 via de la reina
Please contact me direct if you'd like immediate service and local knowledge
Best of luck!

Dusty Brazil