Home Buying in Baytown>Question Details

Tylertxan, Other/Just Looking in Baytown, TX

Lease to own property in baytown,tx

Asked by Tylertxan, Baytown, TX Thu Jul 9, 2009

My wife and I have an income of about $80,000 a year with $100,000 in the bank. We are both in our late 50's. We are currently in an apartment but would like to buy a house in the baytown area. Considering the state of the economy--I'd rather find a lease to own type of arrangement--will give me time to determine how well we like the area without being fully committed and will give us a chance to see how much further the economy is going to tank. Banks/forclosure property do this? If you have a list of homes I'd be interested--looking for 2 bedroom--just us two--don't need a huge house. tks

Answers

3
Hi , I have been seacrhing for the past few days and have come up Blank . Apparently , this program is not being offered in Baytown . The other ( lease or rent to own ) goes like this . I own a $100,000 House . I sell it Rent to own . Usually there is a 10 % down payment or $10,000 . Then the note is usually $250 or $350 higher - than what it should be . Example , a $100, 000 house , the note should be around $950 or so . But in rent to own , the note is usually around $1200 or $1300 . Even then , go your attorney , a real estate agent or a title company , to be sure that you are Buying and Not doing a Very Expensive Lease . Thanks Al Moody
Hi , Al Moody champions Re Group . Call me at 281-964-8043 or e-mail aahomecare@yahoo.com . I Think I can help . Thanks
right now it is a buyers' market plus if you buy a home this year, you get an $8000 tax credit so this is the best time in history to buy a home! write me at springrealtor@sbcglobal.net for more information