Home Buying in Dover>Question Details

Stephanie.to…, Renter in Dover, DE

Lease purchase properties within 30 minutes of Dover?

Asked by Stephanie.tom08, Dover, DE Wed May 1, 2013

My fiancé and I are about 1 year off from being able to purchase a property. We have a letter from a lender explaining this. Right now we are renting month to month and want to move to a home we can eventually own. We have no judgements against our credit or bankruptcies. Just shallow credit history. We are both young and establishing credit.

Both of us have steady, verifiable income. We are hoping to find a property that is for sale where the owner would be willing to allow us to lease for a year or two with the intent of us purchasing the property then. It could be a home that needs some TLC, or maybe a home that isn't selling and has been on the market for some time that isn't making any money just sitting.

Answers

2
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand.
Stephanie,
If you would like to discuss your options in. Detail please give me a call too see if I can help. Good luck! Have a great day.

Faith C Borbee
302-535-0469
Fborbee0469@gmail.com