Slw, Home Buyer in 91302

Las Virgenes School Dist. vs. El Camino Schools

Asked by Slw, 91302 Mon Aug 17, 2009

I have heard that the Las Virgenes School District is excellent. I have also heard that the El Camino schoolsare "Top LA Schools" and it looks like we may end up in EL Camino. Is there a great difference between the 2 districts?

Answers

4
Besides it's beautiful location, we originally moved to Calabasas because of the Las Virgenes school district. Both of my children have gone from Kindergarten through High School here, and I'm very proud to say they have since graduated from USC with honors, and are now happy and independent, which is ultimately what we all want for our kids. We found it to be a wonderful experience all around. The teachers are sincerely devoted to their students and there is over the top participation from the parents which I believe makes a huge difference in a child's development and eagerness to learn and grow. The LAUSD in this area, specifically in West Hills and Woodland Hills is also a great choice. EL Camino high school is known worldwide for it's excellence and has won numerous academic awards. Both are great school districts, with Las Virgenes having more of a private school environment feel.
Sheree Yablon
Calabasas/Hidden Hills
KW Calabasas Estates
818.427.6038
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 18, 2014
Both of my children have gone through the Las Virgenes School system, which was the primary reason for moving here. The elementary schools are excellent as well as the middle & upper for most children.
I do have friends whose children have experienced the Woodland Hills Elementary & El Camino High with glowing accolades however, I would weigh in for the LVUSD especially as the children approach middle school.
Kay Fields
Prudential California Realty
Calbasas/Hidden Hills
818.419.1172
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Las Virgines School district is considered better than LA unified. You can take a look at each individual school to see and compare test scores. I have personally moved last year form Los Angeles just so that my children can attend Las Virgenes District and I can tell you "yes there is a difference". Begining with parent participation to activities offered for the children. Many parents move to the Calabasas area specifically for the school District. Also consider Bell Canyon. There are some very good deals on the market right now. Please let me know if you would like me to send you some propertes.

Yana Galuz
Senior Associate

12345 Ventura Blvd. Ste M
Studio City, CA 91604
(310) 595-5522 Direct
(818) 980-5040 Office
(818) 980-5020 Fax

DRE # 0145066
The Las Virgenes School District has very good schools. However, as you mentioned El Camino is also an excellent school. There is a section in West Hills that is in the Las Virgenes School District. It will really come down to finding the right home, at the right price, you can't go wrong with either area. If you would like me to show you some houses, give me a call - I'd love to help you get started.
Joanie Gordon
Prudential California Realty
(818) 571-5654
Lic # 01492350