Home Buying in Coppell>Question Details

Chris Meisner, Home Buyer in Flower Mound, TX

Las Colinas/North Irving/South Coppell/Valley Ranch...

Asked by Chris Meisner, Flower Mound, TX Sun Oct 11, 2009

What is the property value for that area? Price per sq. foot? Potential?

Is owning a townhome in that area valuable?

Are 2 bed rooms and a second living room any less valuable than 3 bedrooms these days?

What would a 2000 sq. foot townhome in that area rent for?

North Irving, in the Arts District, near Las Colinas Four Seasons Country Club (MacArthur Boulevard) is on fire with buyers and investors right now. Bungalow homes with 1500-1900sf are being picked up to fix and flip and as personal residences.

You're going to pay more to rent than to buy, and I suggest not getting hung up on square footage. Try a little below 2000sf for some of the better deals. Depending on the floor plan, it may actually feel larger than the number, but you can use that 'below' 2000sf as a means for negotiation.

With Northlake College nearby, this area has a steady stream of demand anyway, so don't hesitate making a decision when you find a property that works or you are very likely to lose it to someone else.
Hi Chris....

I actually reside in Valley Ranch. Currently I'm in the Coppell ISD school district. Prior to this I lived in Valley Ranch in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD. I agree with Gerald about homes in the Coppell ISD holding value very well.

Whether you have school age children or not it is wise to do research on schools prior to buying. This will help you when you do want to sell.

Always opt for a 3 bedroom if possible they seem to sell faster than 2 bedrooms.

As far as renting a townhome...may I ask why would you want to rent if you are able to buy? Interest rates are at a 40 year low and if you have not owned a home in 3 years you will likely qualify for the $8000.00 tax credit. This tax credit does not have to be repaid! You can also file for it as soon as you close on a home.

Also, in the city of Coppell there is a first time home buyer program available which gives an additional $7500.00 incentive. This program is income limited and require additional inspections, education classes and time to close. Many moderate income people can qualify for this as well.

If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me at 214-524-3574 or via email at leasimpkins@gmail.com

I've lived in Coppell, currently own two rental properties in Coppell, and currently office in the Valley Ranch/Las Colinas area. The price per square foot will definitely depend on the exact area you're in, however, expect it to be over $100/sq. ft. There is no way to predict potential appreciation, however, the Coppell ISD area values have held up very well these past couple of years, some of the areas in Las Colinas, not so well.

Townhome sales have been much slower than single family detached in the areas you've mentioned. Several builders have started townhome developements (Ryland, Carmel, Avery Edwards, Positano, City Homes, etc.) and sales have been much, much slower. Depending on the exact area, but in the vast majority of cases, 3 bedrooms will have a better resale than a 2 bedroom unit.

Concerning townhome rental rates, again it will depend on the exact location within the areas you have listed. Rental rates will range from $0.80/sq. ft. to $1.10/sq. ft..

If you would like more specific information, please feel free to contact me at 972-402-4124.

Your question is very broad and really would depend on the exact area for actual price per square foot and as far as potential any Realtor is not allowed to speculate. The area is very central which is always a plus.

Townhomes are a big winner in the area mainly due to the amount of younger professionals who work in the area.

3 Bedrooms are typically more desirable when it comes to a single family home, on a town home it could be a toss up especially if there is another living space or if the living area was set up for entertaining.

As far as price on rent for that size i would say anywhere from 1700 to 2000 and beyond depending on the amenities the property provides.

If you would like to talk about specific areas or ask any questions please dont hesitate to call.

As an added bonus my lack of large name broker allows me to rebate you 20% of the commission I make off your purchase.

Good luck in your home search

Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2009