mcgurrint, Home Buyer in Sparta, NJ

Lake Mohawk lake community membership fee

Asked by mcgurrint, Sparta, NJ Tue Jun 4, 2013

I'm considering purchasing a house in the Lake Mohawk section of Sparta, NJ. I've heard that I need to be a membership fee for the lake community. How much do I need to pay and is it any way that I can opt out? Thanks.

Answers

6
Cannot opt out, it is mandatory. Initial fee / application fee is $3000- and dues just under $1000- .
Lake Mohawk is a private community and Membership is mandatory. You have
One time application fee of $3,000
The Club just changed the yearly dues at their last Board meeting. The new Yearly membership dues: $979.00, CPI $15.00 ( which will be pro-rated according to the month of purchase, unless you buy a short sale or foreclosure and terms are specified otherwise).
If you choose to purchase on the West Shore you have to pay for the Gate access between $121.00 & $95.00(without building), that's why yearly dues vary.
There is also a 15yr Dam assessment, which started in 2012, at $509.00 per year, it can be paid yearly with your dues or monthly ($42.50 a month).
Total of 10 beaches, 8 on the main lake. Enjoy power boating, sailing, canoeing, windsurfing,fishing.
In addition, the Alpine pool for residents of the Alpine section only, this is an 8-acre man-made pool, spring feed, with its own waterfall.
Hopefully the information is helpful, let me know if you would like to know more. Lake Mohawk has so much to offer...
Thank you, Carla for your answer. This is very helpful. It means it would cost approx. $125 per month even if I don't live on West Shore, plus $3,000 initiation fee. Lake Mohawk is a beautiful place to live but home buyers need to consider this extra expenses on top of mortgage, interest, tax and insurance.
Thank you again.
Flag Thu Jun 20, 2013
There is an application fee that is paid once you purchase the property in Lake Mohawk and then there are yearly dues that vary depending on which side of the lake you live on. For specific information you can call the Lake Mohawk Country Club at 973-729-6156. The office personel can answer your questions.
Every Property has in its deed that it must be a memeber if the property is within the Reservation
Club Charges are as folllows:
Initiation Fee: $3000
Club Charges: $979 yearly
Gate Charge: $198 if home is located on West Side
Capital Fee: $180
Dam Assessment: $509.
There are 3 lakes on the Reservation.
Hope this helpful.
Lake Mohawk is a great place to Live!
There is a one time initiation fee of $3000. upon closing. The annual dues range from approximately $900 - $1100 depending upon where the property is located. There is an additonal dam assessment. I can give you details and an explanation of that if you wish.

No, you cannot opt out.
You cannot " opt-out"; If your property is the Lake Mohawk Reservation of 2600 homes it's $3000 initiation fee and approx $1000 per year then on. If you live outside the reservation in Sparta you avoid the fees but also can't use the lake :)
Thank you so much for your quick reply and answers to my questions!
Flag Wed Jun 5, 2013