Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Alan, Home Buyer in New York, NY

LGI, Centex and KB. which is one is the best and which is the worst and why?

Asked by Alan, New York, NY Wed May 8, 2013

I'm trying to buy a house in San Antonio area and I'm been visiting communities of these three builders but not sure which one to choose from any suggestion is appreciated

Answers

7
Hello Alan,

I have spent the majority of my career in the home building industry and have worked with two of the three builders that you are inquiring about. I consider myself very knowledgeable with the new home building process and the entire construction management process.

Due to my construction background, I would put great emphasis comparing actual construction materials and the construction process of each builder. They all use the same tradesmen, though there may be differences in best practices used.

So, the main questions/answers that I can help you work through is what construction materials are being used, how do these products perform/longevity and what QC measures are in place during the construction process to ensure a good quality home for you.

If I can be of help to you, please send me an email, dianat@thehornco.com.

All the best in your home search.
Each of these builders have built homes in San Antonio for several years, some more years than others. As your Realtor, I would research their web page information, inquire about their business plan, look into production methods (foundation engineering, vendors and suppliers) ask about warranties offered and try to get outside testimonials from clients. This would help determine which builder is a good fit for your home purchase. Teaming up with a Realtor of experience will give you more confidence in this decision.

I am happy to help in any way that I can.

Sue
All of these home builders have their pros and cons... but one thing you should always remember don't buy anything unless you have a RE agent representing you, and helping you on what your best options; price, quality, and location... I work with buyers everyday helping them make the best decisions for their RE needs... I would be happy to advise you on the purchase of your next home. Please don't hesitation to contact me if you have any questions...

Rosie Kelch
210-846-3027 Mobile text friendly
thesingingrealtor@hotmail.com
Alan,

I have worked with them all feel free to contact me and I'll guide you through the entire process.

Johnny E Williams
210-858-7899
johnny@sahomestx.com
http://www.SAHomesTX.com
Mission Real Estate Group
It depends on many factors. Contact me and I will guide you in the right direction.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
(210) 744-4502
The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net
I am a former homebuilder so call me and I will help you determine the best.
210-452-4808
Call me and I will tell you my personal opinion of each.

Gregory Touchstone
210-660-2834
gregory.touchstone@gmail.com