Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

ME, Both Buyer and Seller in Atlanta, GA

LENOX GREEN CONDOS, ATLANTA, GA? BUY OR STAY AWAY?

Asked by ME, Atlanta, GA Wed Jan 4, 2012

Hello, anyone have any details on Lenox Green Condo's off lenox Rd. how are living conditions? and future renovations planned? Please input. Thanks

Answers

10
winston12’s answer
I have lived here for a year (leased), I wouldn't recommend buying unless the price was very low, as in 30k for a 1 bedroom or 50k for a 2. They are very small, the renovations were done cheaply, have leaks everywhere that the hoa won't fix, and you will be woken up all the time 12am to 5am by your neighbors driving up with their rap music as loud as they can play it.
The HOA is not in Debt and has done a lot of work around the place (Re painted the complex, fixed the pool, new security office, and other things) since 2010 when I bought a unit. I was able to get a loan from a bank as well.
Flag Mon Aug 18, 2014
not surprised w/ this HOA. ITS in deep water debt $300k, yes $300,000 in past dues fees from foreclosures. NO LENDER/BANK WILL UNDERWRITE IN HERE. ALL CASH SALES. YOU ARE RITE $25K-$50K PRICE RANGE....SAD NEWS FOR OWNERS IN THE HOT LOCATION OF BUCKHEAD.
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
They were built in 1994 and the are in excellent condition especially the properties that I have shown in the past. The Condos are located in a great community and area. If interesting view please give me a call
404-914-6977 PIE REALTY, LLC
I've owned in Lenox Green since it was first renovated about seven years ago. For the price and location, there is no better place and believe me, I've looked. The area around Lenox Green has upgraded considerably in the past few years with the entire Lindbergh area being redeveloped. Walking distance to Marta, close proximity to all highways and lowest HOA fees in Buckhead. I'd take a dim view of other comments here since they are all almost all from agents with their own agendas. Lenox Green is a great value and a nice place to live,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2012
As a resident at Lenox Green, I have loved living there the past two years. I get a great Buckhead condo without the Buckhead price. My HOA is $205 a month, much cheaper than any other place I looked at while I was searching around. My condo is close to everything, my neighbors are quiet and Management has done a great job maintaining the property. Most of the forclosed homes have sold; only a couple 1 bedrooms still on the market. I did see a few units there before buying mine that I was not entirely impressed with, but nothing that couldn't be updated. The one I own is 2 bed 2 full bath with a spiral staircase and I love it. I, unfortunately, am having to move for my fiance's work so it's currently on the market :( Good luck to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
I'd avoid it. I've done a few foreclosure appraisals in there over the last half year, nothing I see is going to turn it around and make it stable anytime soon. Condos in Atlanta are tricky at best, the market is significantly over suppiled and if you're in the market you need to go in eyes wide.

Hank
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 5, 2012
Hi Nozm--
As a buyer in the Atlanta condo market, you are in a great position. There are literally hundreds of condos on the market right now. It is possible to find some incredible deals out there. I wish I could buy right now!

I would be glad to help you iin your search. As an Atlanta native, I am very familiar with intown neighborhoods.

(About Lenox Road: My mother's best friend lived on Lenox Road when I was a kid. We drove over there many times. At that time --the 1960's-- there was not a single condominium on Lenox Road. There were beautiful homes on huge lots, all of which were eventually sold to develpoers.)

Feel free to call me tomorrow if you have further questions.

Sherrie Crow
Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta
404-790-8184
SherrieCrow.Your KW agent.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 4, 2012
Do you plan to reside there, become an active member of the community and are you prepared for the financial contingencies that might be involved as an owner?

Have you seen the units and gauged the true value for yourself?

Is this about simple price attraction from merely an online viewing? If so, then consider the value of developable properties and any redevelopable properties that are near Lenox Mall in "Buckhead." Got that sense of value in your head?

OK, then consider what you think Lenox Green will look like in 3-5 years? How about 7-10 years?

I have a pretty good idea of exactly what Hank Miller would pontificate about if I asked him to envision Lenox Green in 10 years...

nozm - wanna hear about a few other, similar communities that might be a better value for you?
Nozm,

Thank you for your inquiry. Honestly I would not recommend that building. There are other buildings that I would recommend if you are going to buy. The condo market is a great buy right now with the understanding that the market in condos is not going to start to turn around for many years. There is an over supply of them. I own a condo in Buckhead and do a lot of business in that area. Please feel free to call me with any questions.

Gail Harris
Keller Williams Atlanta North
Office: 678-337-3518
Email: harrisga@kw.com
http://www.elitehomemarketing.com
Hi Nozm, thank you for your inquiry. I'd be pleased to assist you, my contact info is below. There are many other communities in this same general area if you decide not to pursue a home at Lenox Green.

I look forward to your reply and to helping you.

Sincerely

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton, Realtor
ASP, DPP, CFIS
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
http://www.beppyshomes.com
I wouldn't recommend it. I've taken both investors and prospective tenants through, neither of them came away impressed.

Give me a ring if you'd like to know where they ended up buying and renting.

Best-

Michael Fischer
mfischer@14west.com
770.530.5538
Web Reference: http://www.14west.com