Jane, Home Buyer in Outside U.S.

Keen to get an affordable Paradise Valley investment home, looking for the right entity who can operate as our buyer's agent & property

Asked by Jane, Outside U.S. Sat Jan 22, 2011

manager Keen to get an affordable Paradise Valley investment home, looking for the right entity who can operate as our buyer's agent & property manager

Answers

16
In my experience, the two are separate areas of expertise. Would one hire a criminal defense attorney to litigate a tort or would they hire a litigation attorney to do so? Both are attorneys, but their areas of expertise are different. It is the same in real estate. A property management broker vs a residential real estate broker vs a commercial broker, all have a real estate licenses, but I wouldn't hire one to do all of the above. Its best if you hire a property management broker to manage the property and deal with a residential broker to purchase or sell a residential property. A jack of all trades tends to do an average to mediocre job vs a specialist.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 7, 2011
Hello Jan,

I am the designated broker and owner of ValleyWide Property Services, with offices in both Chandler and Scottsdale. We help investors from the US, Canada and recently have had a flurry of clients from both Australia and New Zealand. We have even assisted a few Canadians in getting loans for their Arizona investment properties. The dollar is generally weak against most currencies (our loss is your gain!), so properties are not only at rock bottom, but the exchange rate is very favorable also. Indeed, we are also property managers and watch out over our clients asset with utmost care. We do extensive background checks on every tenant and have had about a 1% eviction rate over the years. We invite you and all Valley agents to look us up at http://www.azvps.com or http://www.eastvalleypropertymanagers.com/. We pay finder's fees to all licensees for referring either Investors or good tenants.
All homes are put up on the internet in several syndicated listings hosts for distribution virally around the net in addition to the MLS system. We are also always looking for new or experienced agents to help us. We charge very little to hang a license, $25/month plus $250/transaction, PERIOD. Great for the part time or Snowbird agent.
Call me anytime for additional information about Paradise Valley or get comparables for any subdivision in the Valley.

Philip Rosenberg
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 23, 2011
I have seen quite a variety of answers to your question Jane. In my opinion, you need to work with someone you feel a level of trust and comfort with. Many agents do not do property managment because their firms do not allow it. If you use one of them you will need a separate property management firm. My firm, WEST USA Realty, does both sales and managment. I manage about 50 properties and have lived in the Scottsdale, Arcadia and Paradise Valley area for nearly 40 years. I know the area very well. There are many considerations in buying an investment property and the important thing to realize is that you can't let your emotions get involved when buying investment property. If you don't get one, there will always be another. A great agent won't be pushy and will work with you to find the right property for your individual goals. If you like what you have read in my post, please call me to discuss your needs.

I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Howard Rudin
602-390-8088
I would contact an attorney or you may check the directory below for a real estate agent good luck.
Give me a call and let's talk. I would be happy to help you in your search and can help you find the right property management company to oversee your property.
The role of real estate agents in Arizona is similar to that of attorneys, in that we represent and advocate for the best interests of our clients, whether buyers or sellers. I would say that it is more like the concept of an elected legislator whom has to learn strong defense as well as aggressive offense. In my experience since 1994, the skill sets needed for assisting clients whom need assistance in acquiring and managing investment property are basically the same: attention to detail, loyalty, obedience, fiduciary duty, accounting, reasonable skill and care, and sharing with one's client any pertinent information obtained from the opposite party in the deal, or from any other source, giving the maximum advantage to the client one represents. I prefer to call investment property, income property, as that is usually the goal my buyer clients wish to achieve. Through the years it has been common for me to have done such a good job advocating for my clients in their buying endeavors, that I developed a trust with them that enabled us to strategize to maximize their potential in selling or leasing their properties at a later date. I did not have to apologize to them for doing so. I advocated for them as their buyer agent, and I advocated for them as their sales and/or leasing agent and overseen property management. Even if I referred a project or property out to another "management only" entity, I maitained a line of follow up communication to check on things. I call it relationship real estate. My clients bought millions and billions of dollars of income property, of all types, and bought beautiful primary and vacation residences, and I did not have to be their "hit and run" agent'. rather, I was their "Special Agent" , assisting them to develop their big or little picture in real estate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 23, 2011
Hi Jane, I know this is an old post but did not see a response from you indicating you have successfully found a property. Have you found a property that suits your needs? If not I would likx to share with you a group that works with out of country buyers who recognize the unique issues regarding taces, liability and financing for non-US Buyers.

Please contact me directly if interested.

Brion Crum
602 326-5360 Mobile
480 624-0432 Office
Jane,
I agree with Carmen. They are completely different. Most Buyer's agents who work with investors will be able to refer you to a good property management company, but I wouldn't have one person handle both. Good luck!
Jane,

I am a real estate agent and real estate attorney with 10 years experience serving clients in Paradise Valley with purchasing rental properties and creating ownership structures that minimize personal liability and maximize utility and efficiency. I can help you on the buy/management side as well as any tax or legal issues that may arise in the process. Feel free to give me a call at your convenience.

Thank you.

Todd W. Hall, Esq.
(602) 492-1565
Jane,

Even with prices stabilizing, it's still a great time to buy and rent/lease out in Paradise Valley right now. We at Russ Lyon | Sotheby's International Realty have our own in-house property management company and could, obviously, also handle your needs as buyer's agent.

We have a very strong presence in Paradise Valley, as well as, most other luxury communites. Please make sure we speak prior to choosing your agency.

David E Smith
Web Reference: http://www.davidesmith.us
Jane,

I would be happy to provide the services you need for purchasing your home!
Hi Jane,

I noticed you are from "Outside the U.S." If you would like to explore your options on how to minimize your US tax liability that comes with foreign ownership of investment real estate (I am making the presumption that you are not a US citizen), you may want to look at the benefits financing your upcoming Paradise Valley acquisition.

I work for a mortgage bank that is just next door to Paradise Valley, in Scottsdale, AZ. We recently launched a new Investment Property loan program for Foreign Nationals, including of course, Aussie's & Canadians. We do NOT require a US Social Security card, a US credit score, US income, or US Tax Returns, yet we have an outlet for this type of loan.

Please feel free to contact me as I'd be happy to answer any questions you have on the subject.

Ros

Roswell Moore, CMPS
Certified Mortgage Planner
480-422-5095 direct

We are a Direct Lender, Mortgage Bank where we originate, process, underwrite and fund FHA, 203k, VA, USDA, Jumbo, Conventional, loans to Canadians, Australians & other Foreign Nationals, on time. NMLS ID 263779 | AZ BK 0903725
Web Reference: http://www.ezAZloan.com
Hello-

I'm sure I can help you with your needs as I'm in the area looking for deals daily for build-to-suit custom home clients and investors.

What exactly are you looking for and what are your price points?

Feel free to contact me anytime!
Web Reference: http://www.NatesEstates.com

I work extensively in the Paradise Valley area, and would love to help with your needs...!
Be vary careful with your approach.

Not all good property managers make good real estate agents, and vice versa.

A one-stop-shop might cost you dearly in the long run.
I keep up on the Paradise Valley market on a daily basis including foreclosures.

Are there some specifics to your investment choices?

You are welcome to see more about me at http://www.AzLuxuryLiving.com

I hope I can help.

Hugh
Web Reference: http://azluxuryliving.com