Home Buying in Cypress>Question Details

alleys1978, Home Buyer in Cypress, TX

Katy or Cypress? We have been looking for over nine months and cannot decide. So many different opinions and its driving us crazy. We l

Asked by alleys1978, Cypress, TX Thu Sep 6, 2012

We have been looking for over nine months and cannot decide. So many different opinions and its driving us crazy. We looked in townlake, cinco ranch and you name it.

husbands job is in cypress and we are mainly looking for the better community to raise our kids. we are spending 300000 and we want to get a house thats gonna hold its value.

please advice!

Answers

9
I've lived in both Katy and Cypress. Cypress wins, hands-down. My son attended Spillane Junior High and Cypress-Ranch High School in Cypress ("Cy-Fair" school district) and I was very pleased with both schools. Also, parts of Katy, north of I-10, are beginning to look run-down and blighted which may affect your eventual resale. Good Luck!
Please look introspective:
You are overloading, mentally: Too many possibilities!
Sit down at home, and make a list of your PRIORITIES; then reduce it down to four or five.
With a long list of priorities, you are never going to find a house that meets all of them.

Can you imagine what your Realtor is going through?
I have been there.

If you find a house that precisely meets four or five; you will be happy.
I would recommend getting established with a REALTOR such as myself that covers all of the areas that you are considering. I have lived in the Cypress area for 20+ years. Contact me if you have not yet connected with a REALTOR/Financing team. We would be happy to assist you. melody@melodybarlow.com or 832-567-5676(C)
I have a home for sale in Cypress, TX. I love it, and if we didnt have to relocate for my job I would stay. Come check it out 7110 Mountaindale Ct...Cypress,TX 77433
Purchasing a home is definitely a great investment. but it can be difficult to decide when both neighborhoods are good and have so much to offer.
Making a list of what is MOST important to you will help you decide on the one that suits you and your family best. When I show homes to my clients I often ask them to rate a home on a 1-10 scale, so it is easy for them to make a decision at the end of the day.
Remember once you own a home and decide to sell it, it will sell for the same reason you love it and bought it to begIn with.
I have helped many families find their dream home. The process is easy and very rewarding. If you are looking for a stress free transaction, please give me a call and I would be happy to show you homes in both locations and help you with your purchase from beginning to end...

Georgina Van Camp
Keller Williams realty
832-622-5618
georgina@georginavancamp.com
http://www.georginavancamp.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 15, 2012
I understand where you are coming from. When I moved to Texas almost 5 years ago I experienced the same problem. Both areas are great and have so much to offer. We chose the Cypress area, specifically Bridgeland. Now having 3 children under the age of 7, I can tell you first hand Cypress is a great area to raise a family. Bridgeland will have a neighborhood Elementary school opening next school year and middle and high schools located across the street. Bridgeland has a fulltime activities director and has family friendly events scheduled throughout the year. The Grand Parkway will run conveniently thru Bridgeland allowing families to commute to either the energy corridor or the ExxonMobil campus. Bridgeland is one of the top selling masterplanned communities and with all it has to offer should continue to be for quite some time. Jessica Harless, RE/MAX Realty Center
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
As it has been mentioned both areas are good. As you mention maintaining value is a big consideration, therefore I would recommend if you decide for Cypress, stay north of Hwy 290 like the Fairfield area, and if you decide Katy stay south of I-10 which includes the Cinco Ranch area, that is where some of the best schools in the area are. I wish you the best.
Both areas have excellent schools and both areas are good for resale value. I live and work in Cypress. We chose to move here to get our kids into better schools, plus we know several families in the Cypress area that just love it. It's a bit of drive for my husband since he works in energy corridor, but he doesn't mind the drive. It's worth it to live out here!

There are many areas of Cypress that you may want to consider. (i.e. Cypress Creek Lakes, Bridgeland, Blackhorse Ranch, and more) I personally think Fairfield is a great place to raise a family. It's got a small, home town feel to it, yet it's right off 290 so you have easy access to shopping, restaurants, etc.

Fairfield also houses the outlet mall and is about to get a new HEB. They are still building in Fairfield, so you have the option of new or a resale home. The homes hold their value very well as the homeowners association enforces deed restrictions.

Regardless of where you choose to live, make sure that the deed restrictions are strictly enforced. That is what helps homes maintain their value.

I'd be happy to send you some listings, if you give me specifics of what you're looking for. My contact info is below. Good luck!

Kristine Lewis
Coldwell Banker United - Cy Fair office
(713) 858-7481
http://www.kristinelewisrealty.com
Hi Alleys,
I work mostly with buyers. Some come to me, like you, trying to decide between Katy vs. Cypress.
First of all Cypress is a beautiful area with its trees and green spaces. Some buyers tell me they want Cypress because of the Cypress Fairbank School District. There are plenty of shopping malls and also the shopping outlet. Entertainment and hobbies is important to others. Some immediately want to know where the area golf courses are located! Movie theaters, resturants, coffee shops and wine bars are located in various areas of the Cypress area. Clients also tell me that close proximity to medical facilities and hospitals is also very important to them either for themselves or their children. Access to major freeways such as 290, 249 and the beltway, and the metro is also important! All of this and more you will find in Cypress!

These are all things that will be important to you now as a homeowner. Later when you are ready to sale your house these same things will be important to "your buyer"! I can tell you are very smart buyers, looking at all aspects of purchasing a house! If you are not already working with a realtor, I would like to assist you further with the purchase of your house. I have been assisting buyers for 14 years and still enjoy seeing how happy they are at the closing table when they receive the keys to "their house"! While I have mentioned a few of the many important things to consider when purchasing there is so much more!! I try to make it a smooth process! Again, if you are not working with a realtor give me a call!
Frances Viktorin
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Gary Greene
(832)237-1200
fviktorin@garygreene.com