Home Buying in Scotts Valley>Question Details

Harold Bezel…, Other/Just Looking in 94019

Just wondering why there so many properties for sale on Bean Creek Rd.? Is there something undesirable about this location?

Asked by Harold Bezeledorfer, 94019 Mon Aug 29, 2011

Answers

3
Hi Julie,

The homes that have been primarily for sale on Bean Creek are in the complex at 111 Bean Creek Rd. It's not that it's an undesirable area, there have just been a lot of foreclosures and short sales in that complex because they sold in the $500's in 2005 and 2006. It's a really nice complex, with two pools and mature landscaping. I think, they are a great investment because they will be located very near the town center that is going to be built over time. If you would like to know more, please feel free to email me or contact me by phone.

Lonna

831-234-2911
lonnaberry@me.com
http://www.lonnaberry.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 29, 2011
Hi Julie, there is nothing undesirable about the location at all (but remember, what is desirable to one person is different for another). I had buyers who were looking at a beautiful corner unit earlier this year, with views of the green belt and pool. In doing my homework those that I saw for sale or that had recently sold were trustee sales and families moving up from their smaller starter homes. An acquaintance of mine has a second home there she and her husband have been renting out and are thinking it may be time to sell.

Your agent should be able to help you dig into the nature of the sales to find out the owners' motivation by calling other agents - they should be doing this anyways to help you understand the complex and, should you decide, to negotiate the best possible price and terms.

Feel free to call, text or email if you would like more information on Bean Creek! 831-854-7489 or Liz@mainstreamre.com
Julie:
It's a lovely area close to schools, shopping and the freeway to Silicon Valley or the beach in Santa Cruz. Aside from the big condo developement at 111, there's 2 smaller condo developements and around the corner is a large mobile home park tucked in on a hillside. As you go further down the 3 mile road, you get into the countryside with a winery, horse stables and some very nice homes. I've sold a few places there to very happy clients. If your interested in more info about the area, please feel free to contact me.
CHEERS!
Molly Thompson, Broker Associate, APR
831-588-1752