DL, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on houses in Mission Terrace? We've seen some interesting houses

Asked by DL, San Francisco, CA Sun Mar 30, 2008

listed there recently and were wondering about the general property value and safety of this area.

Eileen Bermingham’s answer
I live down the road from Mission Terrace, and currently have clients looking at homes there. Bottom line: It's a good area if you need freeway and Muni access. Could be better in terms of restaurants and other services. But you're close to Bernal, Noe, Glen Park and Mission establishments. Mission Terrace has a solid neighborhood feel and houses are typically priced in the $600,000s and up.

As you'd want to do with all neighborhoods during your home search, check out Mission Terrace at night and at various times of day.
Web Reference: http://Insidesfre.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 20, 2009
One of my friends lives out there and couldn't be happier.

Gregory Garver - Commercial Real Estate Broker
Broker License# 01716531
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 18, 2009
We love it 'out here', cos it is a little. Yet, it takes me faster to get downtown on the 280 than my friends in Hayes Valley. South Sf is right there too , but going north is a chore. 19th ave is not fun.
This neighboorhood is safe and friendly. I know many people on my street,Delano and the adjoining streets too. It's a diverse community with City College,Swimming pool,Balboa park and playground on our doorstep. Bart, Muni and the freeways are right there too. We are also close to outer mission st, with all the usual suspects-walgreens, goodwill, safeway. Glen Park and Noe Valley are close enough to pop out for fine dining or fine shopping!
It is relatively safe. There is a cop station behind the park but we are a diverse community, so there has been some crime activity. Yet, I feel very safe here-I think most of the crime is not against the general population.
Good luck! Just read another review and YES THEIR IS BART NOISE!!!!So,if you buy out here, if you can 2,3 blocks form freeway and you will need new windows!
I like Mission Terrace. I helped sell a house on Delano and had a listing on San Jose. During the course of open houses and walking around, I met 50+ people. It's a diverse neighborhood, lots of nice people--many of whom have lived there for decades Younger people moving in. Solid older homes, good values, some with period details and in-laws. Parking is usually good. Lots of sun, a little windy at times. Some of the fringes could be "iffy".
nice area--no good restaurants around--biggest drawback= noise from bart train squealing around the tracks
Mission Terrace has good value and nice homes. Some blocks have a few too many renters and you can tell by how the properties look run down. Safety might be an issue but Al is correct that Ingelside station officers drive through often because the satation is in Balboa Park.
It has great public transportation a nearby swimming pool and shopping along Mission. I believe that all it needs is more owners like Al and possibly you Deed to move in form a neighborhood association and get involved in making event nicer. This is a very good way to increase you quality of life and property values. SF SAFE can help you get organized when ever you are ready.
Web Reference: http://www.jedlane.com
Jed Lane, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
i have lived here 7 years and it is quiet and safe. police cars criss cross the neighborhood at all hours to get to their Police station at balboa Park. It is good value for the money and most people are homeowners keeping up their homes. good transportation.