Kate Speigle, Home Buyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Just looking for some guidance, new here...anything helps =-) What are "home warranties," and why should I consider them?

Asked by Kate Speigle, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Mar 7, 2013

Answers

9
Kate:

Watch this video from Home Warranty of America, it will give you a general idea of what a HW can do for you. http://www.hwahomewarranty.com/videos

As a home seller, it gives you peace of mind that if anything breaks before the sale you will not have expensive repairs in a home you are about to get rid off. And as a buyer, it gives you security that you will not have costly expences for the first year after a purchase. Plus you can continue to renew it as long as you want. Was this answer helpful? If so please click on the "green thumbs up" or the "best answer".

Tony Vega
La Rosa Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 7, 2013
Home warranty is often offered by foreclosure lenders - and it is free.
Take it, when offered for free. If buying it yourself, shop around.
If offered by seller, see if the price is lower without it, then buy your own.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Any type of insurance is a good thing when the time comes that you need it.....
There are any number of "home warranty" companies out there that offer a wide variety of services. Knowing there is always a deductable and you must contact them first before the service is provided, and being familiar with the "small print" is always advisable.

Should you consider these programs? ABSOLUTELY

Do you need a warranty program? Not at all...especially with newer homes. If you purchased an older home that could have problems, it probably would be a good idea to consider these services. Be sure to understand what is and is not covered from the beginning....

Best wishes,

Kate,

Here's a short video on eHow.com about home warranties that might be helpful:
http://www.ehow.com/video_5103472_definition-home-warranty.html

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
I jsut want to say again, thank you.
Home warranties are basically an insurance policy that the buyer or seller buys to cover repair costs for one year for the buyer. I do not believe in them. Many times they are not worth the paper they are printed on. There will be loopholes and some warranty companies try not to fix anything. Unless the major items like furnaces and airconditioning units are old.... I would pass on a home warranty
You should consider any insurance policy, because the idea is that you pay a relatively small amount whether file a claim or not, but if you need to file a claim, they pay out.

I don't think they're worth it, but others do.
I'll look into it - thank you Mack. Cool name by the way!
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
Hi Kate,
Are you the Seller or the Buyer? There are different reasons for "considerring" or not considerring the home warranty depending on who you are. Please feel free to call at any time.
Marsha Umansky, Prag Realtors, Inc
954-673-1624
As per your question regarding home warranties: all depends in the condition of the property you are buying.

I am very familiar with what they cover and what they do not.

Call me and I can explain.

Marina Sarabia | Realtor
Keller Williams Realty Profess.
M: 1-954-914-8056 http://FTLauderdaleHomeSearch.com