Home Buying in Hammond>Question Details

Marie Rennie, Home Buyer in Hammond, IN

Just looking. I was wondering if the property taxes have a cap in this area? My name is Marie. I live in Woodridge il 60517

Asked by Marie Rennie, Hammond, IN Tue May 21, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3068105227-1032-1034-Moss-St-…

Answers

2
Yes the properties have a cap, how ever different Cities and Towns have different tax brackets.
Throughout the state of Indiana our property taxes are capped as voted by the public. These caps cannot be removed from the state constitution unless the citizens vote to remove them. The caps are as follows; 1% for homeowners, 2% for landlords, 3% for businesses.
Thank You! That was very helpful! I have a few friends who are moving away from here in the suburbs of IL to IN. IL is not the place to be any more!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Flag Tue May 21, 2013