Home Buying in San Carlos>Question Details

Sandra, Home Owner in 92119

Just bought in SC near mountain. Received letter fire insurance/home ins. will be cancelled. Looking for an insurance company that covers this area!

Asked by Sandra, 92119 Sun Nov 24, 2013

Had the insurance policy written before the loan approval. We are suspecting there may have been water damage...or maybe because of the fire zone, still don't have an answer yet. Looking for an insurance company that covers these homes near the mountain areas in SC. Thank you for any suggestions!

Answers

7
I recently had a borrower purchase a home here in Marin County that was not insurable with Farmers or State Farm due to fire hazard (and composition of the roof). I referred them to George Eisenberg of Farallone Pacific and he got them excellent and cost-effective coverage through Travelers. I realize his is not local, but George can be reached at 415-493-2504 if you feel he can help. He can write insurance throughout CA.

Rob Spinosa
rspinosa@rpm-mtg.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 25, 2013
The state of CA Insurance board has a reserve to help homeowners like yourself. They insure properties that are otherwise uninsurable due to high fire danger. I don't have their contact info on hand.

Jeff Jenkel
http://www.jenkelteam.com
CalBRE#00874000
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 25, 2013
Feel free to e-mail the address to my insurance Broker Tommy Powell at tommy@danmarinsurance.net
Cell 619-838-0272
He will ask you few questions and give you a great quote!

Kevin Sanderlin
kevinsanderlin@gmail.com
Cell 858-212-4702
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
I know Jim Conway with Farmers Insurance insures home in that area. His number is 858-693-1169
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
He insures in fire zones
Flag Sun Nov 24, 2013
You might try Rod Galloway. His office is in Alpine.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
I refer all of my clients to Jason Giatti with Steve Grady Insurance Services. He's a broker and can shop around for the best price and coverage. You can reach him at: 619-857-3785 or Jason@JasonGiatti.com

All the best!
I know several insurance agents, if you'll email me your address I'll be happy to check with them.

Fay Yates
fayyates@gmail.com
HomeSmart Realty West
CAL BRE #00853913
858-229-5434