Bill, Home Buyer in spugadiccio

Just a follow up... I'm a little disappointed when my building was for sale I was checking out a Downtown HB house to purchase and I based my

Asked by Bill, spugadiccio Thu Dec 10, 2009

pricep my pricepoint using a couple of houses that sold ( zip 92648 ), one was for $700k the other was around $750k but now I'm not seeing anything remotely similar in the area . I'm only checking the online sites though - my question is are there other homes out there that may be for sale but are not on the sites i.e. trulia , zillow , realtor.com ? I'm kind of in a bind because I would be using a 1031 "downleg" and purchasing and I think I have to name the potential homes.... I only have 30 days left before my escrow closes !

Answers

12
Bill, I strongly urge you to secure the services of an agent familiar with the area. Hopefully you have already selected one. As with all industries and jobs there is usually a lot more to "it" than meets the eye. Much success in your transaction!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 10, 2009
Bill.. This is where you need an Agent.. Notice I am not an agent.. Seriously, you are in need of one and it apparently seems you don't have one. In this market, you are really at a disadvantage as a buyer. Too many sharks in these infested waters. Besides if you get a good one you will have them pinpointing what you need a lot faster than trying to do it yourself (hence the reason why you posted this on Trulia).

Let me know how I can further help you..

Ted Canto
http://www.tendayclose.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 10, 2009
Hi Bill,

Are you currently working with an agent or on your own? Your agent should know these things and should be showing you property every day until you find and excange property. Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com aren't quite as acurate as the MLS service that agents search in. If you need an agent who has a fantastic team of Buyers Specialist's let me know. I am the top Agent in my office and my team would be looking for properties for you on a dailiy basis until we find what suits your needs. You don't need to be doing this on your own.

Best of luck,

Cheryl Coleman
714-717-1728
You are using online services and they are not updated as regular as our Listing info via CRMLS. As a Realtor we do have access to properties that do not get listed by other Realtor who do not advertise on those sites you mentioned.
I live and have access to listing in Huntington Beach and can help you secure a home. I am with First Team Real Estate. I can be contacted via phone 714-493-3368 or via email at vallabh1@firstteam.com.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Arvind Vallabh
Bill,

I can set up your own private web site with all the homes that meet your criteria (and only those homes) without you having to do your own search. Drop me an email with as many specifics as possible and I'll do that ASAP.

From there, we can select some favorites to go look at and pick the best one for you. My goal is to get my clients exactly what they want while protecting their interests with the best advice and understanding of the escrow process available.

Let's hook up and get your exchange done the way you want it!
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com
Bill don't know who you have handling your 1031 exchange but I am going to give you the statement that is from 1031 training.

The identification period begins on the date the taxpayers transfers the relinquished property and ends at midnight on the 45th day thereafter. Thus the taxpayer has 45 days from the close of ecrow to identify, in writing, the property he wishes to acquire as his replacement property.
The important word here is CLOSE of escrow, begins the idenifying time frame.

If you don't have a 1031 exchange company that you are working with, I can highly recommend one to you. Just give me a call.
Valorie 949.639.9391
Hi Bill,
Yes you should retain an excellent buyer agent. We have access to the most accurate information that is available to professionals only.
Best of Luck in your purchase!
Dear Bill:
You need to identify three homes for the 1031 exchange, and yes homes for sale and not online exist continuously - only agents know. I am a Downtown HB agent at the corner of 17th and PCH. Not certain if you're publicly venting or need professional assistance. Have a fabulous day!
You can't rely on stats solely using online sites like Zillow, Trulia, Yahoo RE & anything else, many of these sites are not up to the minute correct.

You can't just being looking at Public MLS sales either. There may have been private sales that need to be taken into consideration when coming up with a Comp value. I am familiar with Downtown HB, I can help you to determine what a good offer price would be or a current value of a property you're interested in.

So you're IN escrow now & are unsure of the value? How many properties did you "identify" for your 1031?

Let me know if I can help.
Realtor.com has all the houses as does zillow and trulia on the multiple listings. You might check loopnet.com as there may be properties there that may not be on the mls that agents or principals are selling without an agent. Also there are agents that have what are called pocket listings and they sell their listings to their own client base. Prices have gone up so you may have to widen your search because if you don't do the exchange then you will have possible capital gains. If I can be of any other help, just email me at bstrealtor@aol.com or by phone 714-296-7270. I don't know what you are looking for but Long Beach has some nice beach properties and maybe one of those would work.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
Servicing Long Beach & Neighboring Communities for 30+ years
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Sometimes what you see as a closed sale on some of these sites was a bank owned sale. It is what the bank paid to take it back. You can go on my web site and sign up for searches right from the MLS. It will give you active and sold prices. good luck
Send me an email, and I will send you a great Agent in Huntington Beach who can solve this for you. If not, I wish you the very best and have a Merry Xmas and Joyous New Year!

TheRECoach
Web Reference: http://MyRECoach.com