Home Buying in Ardenwood>Question Details

Peter, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

John Laing Homes - Villa D'Este - is the Plan 1 (at 1.135 Mn) is a good price to buy?

Asked by Peter, San Francisco, CA Sat Aug 4, 2007

If not, what would be the right price to buy. I am not sure if these prices are negotiable.

Answers

2
The minimum release price for Lot 1 is $805,957. It's important to not just rely on recent sales comparables these days, but also to look at the minimum release price for lots (based on the secured bank's claim amount). We recently compiled a list of John Laing Homes lots/units available for sale and their minimum release prices.
In my opinion it is a lot of money for the Ardenwood area but they have sold 2 homes, one in June and one in July. The sold prices were $1,350,000 for 3009 sq. ft. and $1,379,999 for 3,183 sq. ft. There is one home currently in escrow at $1,245,000 and 2 currently for sale, one at $1,261,247 for a plan 1 and $1,285,397 for a plan 3. So to answer your question, of course the prices are negotiable and if you can get one for $1,135,000 it sounds like a pretty good deal.

You might want to research the Fremont market for available homes in your price range before deciding to pay that much for a home in the Ardenwood area.

Feel free to search the Realtor MLS at the Web Reference to compare available homes and prices.

I hope this helps.

Ed Monaghan