Home Buying in Albuquerque>Question Details

Diana.sz001@…, Home Buyer in South Bend, IN

It would be really helpful if realtors would list the size of their lots for sale.

Asked by Diana.sz001@gmail.com, South Bend, IN Tue Apr 22, 2014

I don't know how many listings I have reviewed that have no lot sizes. It would also be helpful if there were pictures of the yard or land of the properties along with the surrounding area. I plan to move to ABQ from Indiana and would like to give my realtor a list of the properties I want to see when I get there. It will mean eliminating properties with little information -- not a good method of selling.

Answers

5
Supplying the lot size of real estate for sale is a requirement for all property listed in the Albuquerque-area MLS. A broker must include the lot size of every property listed in the MLS. If you are looking at a real estate website that does not show the lot size you may wish to ask a broker to create an MLS portal for you. Your portal will contain listings straight from the MLS and will contain the lot size of each property in your portal.
Thank you for your responses.

I have a realtor who I am working with and who is very helpful. It would be more efficient if I had the information in front of me so that I can discuss it with her and ask her those questions that are relevant instead of going back and forth and taking up my time as well as hers. She does send me the MLS listings once I show an interest in a property. I live across country from where I would like to move to so often I have many questions re: a particular neighborhood or area to include the surrounding area.

Trulia provides a very valuable service in that I can see and review many various listings from real estate agencies instead of going to one realtor's website only or having to go to several real estate agencies websites -- once again very time consuming. It is most helpful that Trulia can consolidate information from many RE agencies into one website.
Consider asking the realtor you are working with for info you want. That might be more efficient and it would certainly be more equitable than asking other brokers to do your broker's leg work. For instance, you say you want two acres. Your broker can set up a two acre portal that would prevent you looking at anything with less than two acres. If you want efficiency getting a portal is the way to because it gives you property that fits your criteria.
Flag Wed Oct 29, 2014
Diana,
Your observation is quite accurate.
However, the real problem is more comparable to you looking to buy a Volkswagon on the Toyata lot.
Yes, you might see a trade in or two, but now a good selection of Volkswagons.

That what happens when you choose to use sites like TRULIA instead of professional real estate sites.
REALTORS DO provide lots sizes, hoa fees, age or pet restriction and a whole lot of other data.
You have chosen to use a website that removes. changes or suppresses that data.

You may want to change your process to use professional sites like http://www.REMAX.com or call a local REALTOR for access to the Multiple Lisitng Sevice.

The REALTOR has made the information available, all you need to do is go where it has been placed for your benefit.
For easier searching why not simply work with an agent of your own who can set up a free of charge automated search account based on your criteria straight from MLS; why rely on third party sites such as this, whose information may not be accurate, not updated, or too old.....
Some sites like Trulia, Zillow, and REALTOR.com only show a bit of information about the property. The MLS shows us much more information. Let your REALTOR know your criteria for properties and let them build up a list for you. It's what they're there for. :)