Home Buying in Ketchum>Question Details

Jerry Randkl…, Home Buyer in Sun Valley, ID

It seems that HOA and "other"fees are high in the Ketchum area ($350 to $450 per month). What exactly does one get for that cost?

Asked by Jerry Randklev, Sun Valley, ID Sat Jul 27, 2013

Answers

5
Fees vary drastically from one Home Owner's Association to another so take nothing as a standard and even less for granted.

Some properties have community pools, tennis courts, club houses, etc. Some might include security systems / guards.

Others cover maintenance of the exterior and landscaping. Some include snow removal.

Typically, you would have the annual HOA dues and a "setup" or "transfer" fee to the new owners as a one time fee.

Some fees are great because you get economies of scale better than paying for the fees independently. Sometimes, not.

When making an offer on a property, I would make it contingent upon review and approval of all HOA dues, CCR's, etc.

Hope that helps!
Jim
The big items you have to look at that are generally different is: Are the systems centralized or not. For instance if HVAC and hot water, snow melt are centralized then the HOA will be higher than those that aren't centralized. Also a question to ask is whether the HOA has a solid capital improvement budget within the HOA. You have to compare apples to apples. Nathan Fierman, Associate Broker, McCann-Daech-Fenton Realtors, LLC, Sun Valley, ID
Hi, Jerry.
Sorry first time I looked at the Meridian, ID listings.

Now I look at the SV listings and see different picture.
I see a couple listings and HOA fee is from $602.00 Quarterly to $202.00 Monthly.
I don't see addition fees there.
Many of the SV listings show an annual fee in addition to HOAs?
I just looked at the IMLS listings of the sold properties at Ketchum, Meridian ID and found that in this neighborhood people pay $150-190 HOA annually. I don't see "other" fees in the sales. Where did you get this numbers?