maxine lewis, Real Estate Pro in Lewes, DE

It appears inventory in the area is going down, do you agree?

Asked by maxine lewis, Lewes, DE Thu Nov 8, 2012

Answers

4
Mike Kogler’s answer
Good morning Maxine,
I hope this finds you well.I can send you a comprehensive report for all of Sussex County that answers this question clearly...the inventory of homes for sale has decreased a total of 19% over where we were last year. The report will also show that units sold is up 24% over the past year and that the days on market is down 7%.

If you can tell me where to email it, I can send this report to you and I can also run the report for specific areas such as Rehoboth Beach and Lewes. Just let me know if you'd like me to do that.

I hope I have answered your question. I look forward to hearing from you.
Virginia Egan
The Mike Kogler Team
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
cell: (302) 228-9878
Not only is the inventory low the quality of homes on the market has gone down. This is pretty typical of this time of year. Most sellers will wait until spring to list their homes and the current inventory are mostly stagnant homes.
Property inventory is going down and usually does around this time of the year. The amount of buyers is usually less and the weather is not cooperative for showings in some places with Nor' Easter, Snow and just over all cold weather it doesn't help the market. Also, with everyone being worried about the holidays and traveling less people are thinking about moving. Usually starting in February more and more listings are put up for sale and by April their is a much larger amount of inventory. If you are looking for something in particular please email us julie@lewesrealty.com as we would love to share with you some of the properties we know of that will be coming up for sale that are not currently listed that match your criteria. *Julie Gritton*
Maxine, You would be correct in that statement for the Sussex County Market. When going thru our active listings data the Month of April had 3,235 active listings in our mls and for the end of October that number has dropped to 2,746 per the Sussex county mls. with that being said we do tend to lose inventory thru the winter Holiday season. Hope that helps and please feel free to call or e-mail Us here at RE/MAX Associates - Lewes with any questions. 302-645-0800