Home Buying in San Jose>Question Details

Cmarshall, Home Buyer in Fowlerville, MI

Is wells fargo home equity harder to get a short sale approval compared to wells fargo home mortgage?

Asked by Cmarshall, Fowlerville, MI Thu May 27, 2010

Answers

2
Well, honestly the first Wells Fargo lienholders are excellent in the short sale process - quick and easy to work with. The equity group is disgusting. I had a listing under contract as a short sale, and first offered 2nd (both Wells Fargo) $3000 when they wanted more. First moved up a little and both agents pitched in to get it done. The rule is 2nd cannot receive more than 10%. So we got to that amount ($4350), and had verbal agreements. Then the 2nd came back and asked for $5000, which exceeds the 10%, so the whole deal went south. My negotiator even contacted the supervisor at equity - but the house went into foreclosure instead of selling for $650 on the equity side demands. At the foreclosure, equity got nothing, owners got stiffed, buyers did not get the house - it was a mess. I thought they were unprofessional, and they asked me to work it out under the table, which is of course illegal.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 20, 2010
Basically, it's a craps shoot; hopefully, you won't get snake eyes. It's best to start negotiating with all of the lien holders concurrently, and to keep your target in mind.