Jzanoni, Real Estate Pro in Bothell, WA

Is trulie more accurate then Zillow. My home is higher on Trulie and Zillow seems inaccurate from the other comps in my area?

Asked by Jzanoni, Bothell, WA Wed Aug 1, 2012

Answers

7
Christopher Pagli - ABR, GREEN’s answer
Hi, I've had more disappointment with Zillow in the past. Honestly, don't go by online valuation systems. Unless someone manually inputs the listing there is a lot of updates, etc that don't get included. Your best bet is to have an agent that is actively working in the field put together a CMA from the local MLS. The MLS will be the most accurate.

Chris
Hi J,

Unfortunately, Zillow and Trulia only pull data from public records. They don't take into account specific condition, age, etc.. They work on the law of averages. In real estate, everything is specific.

If you would like a realistic Comparable Marketing Analysis done for your property,
please feel free to call me.

There is no obligation to list or sell your house. I'd be happy to meet with you, walkthrough your home with you and then do some more accurate research comparing apples to apples.

I'll be able to give you a much more realistic opinion of value. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman, CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

DJCRE, Inc.
Real Estate Sales, Management & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
Zillow is terribly inaccurate - at least according to the data that Zillow provides on their website.

http://www.zillow.com/howto/DataCoverageZestimateAccuracy.htm

The best opinion of value comes from looking at comparable sales. Any real estate agent with access to the MLS can provide comps of similar properties that have sold in the past 6-12 months. Those will give you an idea of the value of your home.

Frank L. DeFazio, Esquire
Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
530 Walnut Street, Suite 260
Philadelphia, PA 19106
215.521.1623 Direct
610.636.4364 Cellular
888.308.1148 Fax
Frank@CenterCityTeam.com
http://www.CenterCityTeam.com
Estimates of Home Values are based on 'averages' of similar home. So Trulia and especially Zillow are helpful only in those communities where residential properties are stable and homogeneous, like cookie cutter suburban housing developments.

However In urban areas, especially in Center City Philadelphia where considerable redevelopment is being felt, and in highly preferred areas of the City where rehab upgrades continuously unfold, estimates of home values from either of these sources are a wild guess ... at best, and therefore misleading and unreliable to the general public.

I agree with other agents here who recommend that you should obtain the services of a highly skilled realtor to generate a CMA based on both MLS and Public records.

Charles Balducci, Realtor
Coldwell Banker Preferred
c. 215.531.2000
e. charlesbalducci@gmail.com
they are only as good as the person interpreting the info...neither one takes pyhsical, or market conditions into consideration....valuing housing is more then just numbers on a page...for example...east side of s. broad is generally more valuble then the west side because the lots are deeper and wider and most have prking in the rear....but if you were just looking at numbers you might valuate the west side the same as the east
Yes, I have found Trulia (not Trulie) to be more accurate than Zillow, but neither of them are truly accurate, and there's no way they can be.

Neither Trulia nor Zillow have been in the house, seen it's condition, layout or location. They don't understand the local markets, nor can they assess curb appeal and more.

The best way to get an accurate representation of your home's value it to ask a few local real estate agents to come out and give you a market evaluation, and build a consensus from those agents opinions.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
The most accurate way to get a CMA done for true value which is free. If you would like me to do one for you I can be contacted at 267-228-3910 or nicksylvestro@aol.com

Nick Sylvestro
Associate Broker
Remax Access
thank you, are you in maryland area? I am helping my mom sell her home in philadelphia 1902 south warnock street. its funny you are from there. I just saw an update on comparables and a home on the 900 block of sigel street sold for 165K, and the home next to it is a mess. I think her home is priced right, we will see.......she is not far from passyunk. My address is:
6911 wimbledon ct., new market, MD 21774
Thanks~
Flag Wed Aug 1, 2012