Ann Line, Home Owner in District of Columbia

Is trulia only a site to find properties? Is it possible to post a listing in order to sell property? How do I do this?

Asked by Ann Line, District of Columbia Mon Nov 12, 2012

Answers

5
Kelly Putz’s answer
Hi Ann,

Yes, as a non-Realtor, all you can do is find properties on Trulia.
I am licensed in DC if you would like to talk about listing your property for sale. As a Realtor I use Trulia, as well as many other sites, to list my properties on to make sure they are seen by the most potential buyers.

Kelly Putz
Buyer's and Seller's REALTOR®
DC/MD/VA
Keller Williams McLean
http://www.kellyputz.kwrealty.com/
703-961-8663
kelly.putz@gmail.com
Trulia is not the only site to advertise homes for sale. Two others that are most effective sites are your local Multiple Listing Service and Realtor.com. There are many others as well. However, in order to access the first three you need to work with a licensed real estate agent, even if it is for a flat fee. I am not a big fan of the flat fee companies, yes they post your home to the MSL and Realtor.com but they do not syndicate the listing to the other websites and that puts you at a disadvantage.

I don't know your reason for trying to sell on your own, most of the time people are trying to save the commission, but here's the thing, statistics show you will put MORE money in your pocket if you pay a real estate professional to represent you than you will if you sell on your own. Why? Because most buyers are working with a realtor and, if you are not on the MLS, etc., they will never see your home. You are far more likely to be inundated by inquiries from 'investors', people who attended a seminar where they were taught to prey on For Sale By Owner properties.

If you really want to continue selling on your own, without the assistance of a professional, then I would suggest you use a flat fee service together, perhaps, with a site such as forsalebyowner.com so that you can get the listing syndicated but their service is not free, either.

Good Luck, no matter which path you choose I wish you the best.
Hi Ann

Trulia is not the only site to post listings. As the others below mention the most effective way to sell your home is by using a Realtor. Helping people buy and sell their homes is our job. We know how to market your property to help get it sold for the best value to you. If you don' want to pay the full commission, which is negotiable, there are discount brokerages that will post your listing in MLS, which then feeds to Realtor.com, Trulia and others. Using this type of brokerage you still have to do just about everything yourself. Craig's List could be an option for you.

Melissa
As a seller, you cannot post your home here.
Only agents can list homes on trulia - as a home owner, you will need to list your home with an agent for it to appear here.

The most effective way to list and sell a property is to list it with a professonal realtor. If you would like sell your home, please contact me at 240-743-6621. I will be happy to assist you. Sid Fields, Heymann Realty.