Home Buying in Inwood>Question Details

Constance, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Is $345 too much to pay for a 1 bedroom at 70-72 Park Terrace West in New York? The kitchen and bath are

Asked by Constance, New York, NY Tue Apr 22, 2008

totally redone, and the rest of the apartment is in good shape. I've searched Property Shark, and I'm having a difficult time determining if the comparables are really comparable.

Answers

4
I agree with Patrick. My buyer bought a year ago a convertable two around the corner for $325K. Less then four months later the same apartment below his, sold for $369K.
Inwood is a fantastic neighborhood and real estate prices went up 19% last year.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 29, 2008
We just sold two listings on Park Terrace West and they both went in the $325K to $350K price range. So yes, I think it is fair. It is a great neighborhood which most people know little about. Good luck if you decide to go ahead with the purchase. I think you will be happy there.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 23, 2008
The price is acceptable for the area, my question is if you're flexible with the location it would be great to see what other listings are on the market. I like Inwood, The Heights etc...nonetheless I'd be happy to assist if you need further information, best of luck.

Tony Lara
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Charles Rutenberg Realty
Constance how are you..
Property shark as good as it is, doesn't always give you correct and full information. If you like, I can check our system for recent sales or apartments that went into contract in the past half a year to give you a better picture.
Shoot me an email if you are interested.