Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Raquel1974, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is this property MLS#: 07505814, 3752 W 69th st, in chicago west lawn neighborhood worth the list price?

Asked by Raquel1974, Chicago, IL Sun May 30, 2010

It is a complete rehab no appliances

Answers

3
no.

I sold a ton of properties over here. This is not worth the price.

Go out and get a good buyers agent, This way you have someone to walk you through the buying process at no cost to you.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Hi Raquel,

I ran an area market survey, using listings & sales within the last 12 months, within a .5/mile radius of the subject property, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath & came up with: (condition varies)

Average listing price: $231,500
Average sold price: $177,980

I strongly recommend you work with a buyers agent. A buyers agent will provide you with "fair market value" for any given neighborhood. Additionally, a buyers agent will negotiate on your behalf & look out for your best interest. You should know working with a buyers agent is at no charge to you.

Interview a few, start right here, then decide which agent you feel the most comfortable working with then work with that person exclusively.

Hope this helps, feel free to call on me if you need more information.
This home seems very nice and it is definitely rehabbed. However, there are a lot of rehabbed homes in that area for a lot less. Give me call to talk about what you are looking for specifically and I will send you a list. I definitely can assist. I actually have a listing about to come on the market this week in that area.

Danicka Brown
Weichert Realtors, Frankel & Giles
1530 S State #200
DBrown@Frankelgiles.com
Web Reference: http://www.frankelgiles.com