Home Buying in Hyde Park>Question Details

Stressedbuyer, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is this good news for a short sale?

Asked by Stressedbuyer, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 5, 2008

We put in an offer on a short sale a little over 2 weeks ago and the bank called and asked for a copy of our certified funds (so a certified check) for proof. They wanted the check made out to them and a copy of it. Not the actual check however. So today we went to get the check and faxed a copy to our agent who sent it in. Is this a good thing? Does this mean they are considering the offer? Also, there was one other offer that was not as good is ours, but the sellers agent only sent in our offer...is she holding the other offer as back up? She says that the bank only has our offer.

Answers

1
Jennifer’s answer
I would really have your Realtor get answers to all these questions for you. WIth that being said I will put in my opinion. One short sale I have been working on has gone 7 weeks now with the bank asking for something new everyweek. I don't want that to be discouraging but it's also realistic. Banks are overwhelmed with the shortsales & forclosures and are not moving very quickly in many cases. The other offer maybe a back up as we many times will get backup offers on homes. I would be surprised if the bank was unaware of it though because they should be notified of all offers. Best of luck!