Home Buying in Long Beach>Question Details

David Jones…, Renter in Long Beach, CA

Is this even reL because every house and apartment I click to asked more information about the person I've rmail has either moved to africa or?

Asked by David Jones Jr., Long Beach, CA Tue Jan 21, 2014

is now living there with the same stort plot

Need an answer asap

Answers

7
I've said it before and I'll say it again in this forum. Your best bet is to work with a Realtor. There are a ton of scams online. A Realtor can take the work out of it for you and weed through the garbage. Work with someone that specializes in the area in which you wish to live. Its free! Cost you nothing. all you need to do is reach out to a Realtor.

Best of Luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 22, 2014
Unfortunately there may be some bogus ads out there as there is with any profession.
It may be difficult to tell honest ads from fraudulent ones. By posting a picture and providing a telephone that number should separate those that may not be real.

I have not relocated. I still rent properties here in Long Beach.
If you would like to see one of my listings on short notice feel free to contact me on my cell phone at 562-472-4577
Thanks for inquiring!
Robert
This is the story line that the scammers been sticking to for years. I guess it works good for them. For all you know, it could be a 13 year old genius living next door, writing to you that he is a prince in Africa or a sheikh in Arabia. Just give him your account number and he will transfer infinite millions of dollars that he needs your help to invest. Either that, or sell or rent you his old house for super cheap, because he got a mansion in Dubai and no longer needs that old duplex in South Central on Crenshaw... Unfortunately some people still fall for these stories. Be careful, everyone!
If you are looking to purchase, you really should have a real estate agent. There are so many scams out there that pray on people looking by themselves. Let me know if you need any help.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com

408-352-5147
AGreer@TheMortgageOutlet.com
David:

Long Beach is a very interesting place for rentals. Many of the most sought after properties are not listed on the MLS (which feeds to Trulia).

The best way to find rentals in Long Beach are:
1. Look in the Grunion Gazette or Downtown Grunion (or use their website gazettes.com which updates as each property is rented).
2. Drive through the neighborhoods you like and look at the names of the management companies posted on the buildings. Then go register with these management companies.
3. Align yourself with a local realtor who specializes in rentals or one who is willing to work with you (be prepared to pay them something for their time) and verify property ownership on ads you find on the internet.

Most importantly, if the deal looks too good to be true, then it is probably a scam. Good Luck in your search. Hope this helps.

Shel-lee Davis BRE #01817412
Real Estate Consultant
International Real Estate Specialist - IRES®
Senior Real Estate Specialist - SRES®
Certified Home Seller Advisor - CHSA®
Certified Home Buyer Advisor - CHBA®
Member - National Association of Certified Expert Advisors - NAEA
Certified Distressed Property Expert - CDPE®
RE/MAX Estate Properties
424-2HELP12 (424-243-5712)
myrealestateanswers@gmail.com
Make sure they leave an actual phone number. That's one of the easier ways to determine if they are real
Yea it's all a Scam. It's p&$;$; me off. Trulia should investigate who they let on there sight first. It's bull@&;& and I'm waisting my time with all of these scammers.