Home Buying in Wheaton>Question Details

Pjsluckyday, Real Estate Pro in Coronado, CA

Is this actionable claim? Showed couple in & out from San Fran-San Diego property for 3 months. Male never disclosed he was agent.Used us for

Asked by Pjsluckyday, Coronado, CA Thu Mar 3, 2011

info Caused arguement for no good reason Oct 28th----just found out he signed up with San Diego RE firm. Nov 11th.......has been liscensed since 2005

Answers

7
Pjs at the earliest moment you are supposed to disclosed that you are liscenced. I sure would as a broker file an ethics violation action and if they bought a home you showed them a procuring cause action. We have to keep our industry clean and if people like this can get away with things the next thing is you will be showing their buyer clients property and they will be writing contracts.
It is key that we all believe in Real Estate Ethic's! Without it we have nothing!
Wow that stinks! NAR is pretty clear that we are to disclose to all parties that we are a licensee, and I would think that include notifying agents we contact to pick their brains. We are not as licensees supposed to hide the fact that we have "special" knowledge from sellers if we write an offer. I bet he all along he had a friend that was going to pay a rebate referral and needed someone, YOU to provide access and thin the herd. Question, if you are in CA, how is this related to Illinois?
If they purchased a property that you showed them, you are the procuring cause. Before moving on, I would at least contact your association for arbitration or your state board for mediation. If you scheduled the appointment first and you have some back up (emails) to prove they were working with you, you may be able to get something.

It just depends on how much time you want to spend to fight and what you have in back up. It can't just be your word against his. You need proof to claim procuring cause. Good luck!
Sounds like there is much more to this story.....have you considered confronting him directly or speaking with his broker about your concerns?

Because people have a real estate license doesn't necessarily mean they are fair or ethical and can make good decisions. We are too often left with the aftermath of dealing with their poor judgement.

Its best just to move on...but I certainly share your pain. I was recently been informed by a long time client that his former agent with his Relaocation Company's was NOW offering him a point off his mortgage, so he is now GOING BACK to working with her, after working with me for a long time.

Unfortunately core values such as dealing honestly with people, respecting others time and efforts, and rewarding excellent service with loyalty are becoming less common these days.

Try never to become jaded. The following week, I got a call from a woman I showed rental properties to a year before, but she found an unlisted rental. She called out of the blue and said I helped her a year earlier and she wanted me to be her Realtor now that she was ready to purchase!
Web Reference: Http://PushPinRealty.com
Boy that is the pits. Some people are just so under-handed.
Whenever there is a procuring cause complaint filed here in Colorado, it never goes anywhere. I talked to someone on the ethics committee out here and he said there has never been a case where the agent filing the complaint was awarded anything.
I'm not sure why that is, but I guess we just have to believe that karma will catch up with him and reward you for your kindness. It still makes me mad as heck when this happens!!!!