Home Buying in Plano>Question Details

Lavan, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

Is this a good time to buy a home?

Asked by Lavan, Plano, TX Thu Apr 5, 2012

Answers

27
Only if you want to buy while the price of homes and interest rates are at record lows. :)
It is. Mortgage interest rates are at 4% or less, offering you greater buying power, home prices at 2004 levels, and increasing inventory coming into the spring/summer "selling season". Choose an agent to assist you and get started.

Sam Young
Accredited Buyers Agent
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry, Realtors
(972) 837-0788
samsonsay@verizon.net
I think it is an excellent time. Money was never so cheap! Living in a rental, you are just helping pay for a home purchased for someone else.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 10, 2012
Lavan,

With interest rate at all time low, it is absolutely a good time to buy a home. In the future with that low interest rate you are locked into for 15 or 30 years you can decide whether you sell or lease that property. I'd be more than happy to work with you if you are not currently working with any realtor.

Thank you!

Susie Kay, GRI, CHMS, SFR
Realtor®
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
Absolutely. Interest rates are still low which can make a lot of difference to your payments. Prices are still good too. However, we are seeing more buyers and the good listings are going quickly and so I believe prices will start going up in the near future..
I work with a lot of buyers in the area and so would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you further about your house buying needs and help you through the process.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
Yes! Now is a great time to buy a home. Interest rates are still very low and new listings are coming on the market every day.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 5, 2012
Based on buyer needs, opportunity, and price...any time is a good time to purchase property.

It is a great time to buy! With the interest starting to go up? Sometimes your choices might be less.
If you are a investor? It is great to buy, and the best time to get the property leased, before school starts
Right now "continues" to remain and GREAT time to buy a home; interest rates are still at a record low, but the questions is, when will they rise? In my personal opinion, interest rates will remain at their current level through the end of the year, but once again, this is simply my personal opinion.

On the flipside, now is a GREAT time to list a home, inventory levels in the North Dallas area are low due homes selling rather fast! If a home is priced within the market and move-in ready, it usually sells fast, 30 days or less. I recently put a home in McKinney under contract in just four days. A colleague of mine listed a home in Plano on a Friday and he had three offers on the home by the following Sunday.

Whether buying or selling, my best advice is to interview several agents, pick the right one, have them educate you on current market conditions, advise you, inform you and represent you!

Your Move Matters!
Michael L. Brownstead, GRI
REALTOR
Ebby Halliday Realtors
8920 Coit Rd., Ste. 100
Plano, TX 75025
E-mail: MichaelBrownstead@Ebby.com
Lavan,

Home prices are on the rise but interest rates are still at historic lows so, yes, it's a good time to buy. More importantly though is deciding if it's the right time for YOU and your current needs. If you have a family, consider the schools. How long have you been in your current job? Think about the possibility of any major changes with your employment like a relocation. As an experienced Realtor I can walk you through the process and help you decide what will work best for you. Call me! 469-450-1326

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
http://www.TopAgent.co
Yes it is. I just had my buyer close yesterday with 3.7% fixed rate.
Dear Lavan,
Yes, and this is why:

**The cost to buy is often less than the cost to rent a similar property. That's right, buying is cheaper than renting in 98 out of America’s 100 major markets.

**Interest rates are at an historic low. That's right, today’s low rates( =/-4%) can be locked in for the next 30 years.

The general economy appears to be improving.

Nationwide, average home prices are approximately 1/3 lower now than at their peak in 2006 y.

Add low inventory, bidding wars, switching to 'Sellers Market' .
It is not just here in California, probably in TX too....

Don't you think: it is a good time to buy a home now?
Talk to your agent, if you need a recommendation of a very good one, I do have few good names there, i'd be happy to send them your way:)
Oh my GOSH YES!!!! It is unbelievable out there and I could go on and on...but I won't. If you can buy a house.....BUY ONE QUICK!!
Sandy Setliff, Agent, Dallas, TX

I agree with the real estate professionals who have pointed out market conditions in North Texas are great for home purchases at this time. And, there are personal readiness factors that also play into "a good time to buy a home." Earlier this year I posted a blog about it, you can read it here if you're interested: http://www.trulia.com/blog/sandy_setliff/2012/04/when_is_the…

I wish you great success in your home search, please contact me if you need a realtor!
Sure, Thank you
Flag Thu Apr 26, 2012
Hi Lavan,
Wait another year to buy, prices are declining. Good Luck
Yes it is a good time, it is a great time.
Yes I think this a great time to buy a home. I don't think you will hear anyone say different.
It depends on you situation.
I personally see a housing crunch coming.
Little new construction over the past 2-3 years.
Buyers out in force the past 3 months.
Rents rising.
Lots of people moving here.
More people working (unemployment dropped 1% year over year in December.)
Super low interest rates.

But of course it depends on many things...such as how long you plan to stay in the home, your stability, your finances and many other questions we'll ask you during a consultation.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Anytime of year a great time purchase a home due to annual tax benefits

Plano homes for sale Plano TX

http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5057188

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Experts expect to see broad improvements, Housing prices to rise in 2013, this is a report published by a study by the land institute, the trends are already pointing in that direction,keep in mind the increase in price will vary state by state and per location.
In many areas of FL we already have a seller's market situation.
Buy now, or be prepared to fight your bidding wars!

Irina Karan, CDPE
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
I agree with all the knowledgeable Realtor who responded before me. I would be honored to help you, or anyone you know, needing a professional Realtor. The good news is there are many great agents out there. Now you just have to pick one and get started on your home search. Best of luck to you. http://www.RealHotProperties.KWRealty.com (972) 837-3374
I love Patrick's andwer and am giving him a thumb's up for that one!!

Mark
The market has improved substantially and is gaining momentum. There are still some great deals out there though and interest rates are low, so I would suggest buying sooner rather than later. As buyer interest picks up it will become a seller's market again. Call if you need assistance.

Andrea Brooks
469-450-1326
Keller Williams
Now is the time to buy a home Lavan! All the answers below are correct! I specialize in the Plano area & can help you. Call or email then I will email listing reports to you for houses that meet your criteria!
Anytime is a good time to buy if you "buy" right. To do that you will have to remove as much emotion from the process as possible and view the purchase as an investment.
Now is a perfect time to buy, interests rates remain at an all-time low and home prices are very competitive, but selling fast! If I can answer anymore of your questions, contact me anytime!

Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI

REALTOR®Ebby Halliday Realtors®
8920 Coit Rd., Ste. 100
Plano, TX 75025
E-mail: MichaelBrownstead@Ebby.com