Neesha, Home Buyer in Herndon, VA

Is this a good offer for a new build Towmhome in Brambleton area?

Asked by Neesha, Herndon, VA Mon May 30, 2011

2400 Sqft - $375k with all upgrades - 3 bed - 2 and half bath - 2 Car garage - fenced back yard - Interior Unit (not corner lot).

Please advice

Danilo Bogdanovic’s answer
Neesha - You need to hire a Buyer's Agent to answer this and all of the other questions you have - and to guide you through the entire purchase process. All of the builders in Brambleton pay broker/agent commissions so it would be at no additional cost to you than what you would be paying the builder already.

Danilo Bogdanovic
Neesha, GREAT QUESTION, I love Brambleton, I would be cautious in answering this, becaues you said, a good "offer"? Have you made an offer? What is the list price? What types of upgrades, New builders give upgrades and they all have a price list,, but like I tell my clients, (not all $7500 upgrades are equal).
If you are not working with anyone, I would like to help you, but there is a lot more to analyze before telling you it is a great deal. Heidi Cherry, Fairfax Realty 703-593 5874 - Always CASHBACK, ALWAYS FULL SERVICE!
Web Reference: http://www.heidicherry.com

I see you have been posting for quite a few months. This leads me to believe you are either not using an agent or you have little or no confidence in your agent, or you may be using an agent that rebates money because you have to do alot on your own...

If you are visiting new homes without representation....many have a policy that your agent must accompany on the first visit or will not be compensated..translation..you will have no representation unless you pay the agent personally.

Your questions have been good but indeed rather difficult to answer without more details. Example you say 375k with "all upgrades" .. in my 23 years doing this and selling alot of new homes...nobody has ever gotten "all the upgrades". So..if you really want to know the answers to your questions..i suggest you employ a Realtor to represent you that you are confident in and can trust. This way..your questions can be answered completely and professionally.

If you would like to discuss strategies etc. feel free to contact me. Remember it costs nothing to have an agent represent you in your new home purchase..but it can cost you plenty if you don't.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI

Good offer is a very relative term. It all depends on location of the TH and quality of the upgrades that are included in the price (375K).

Some townhomes in Brambleton sell in $450K-$480K price range. See the link below:

Buyer representation comes at no cost to you as it is already built in the price of the home. Let me know if you'd like to discuss the details.

Vivianne Rutkowski
Hi Neesha,
I need some more info to do the CMA(Comparative Market Analaysis).You don't have to pay for my services any way buyer agent paid by seller not by you, please provide me some more info for this specific property because every location is different.if choose me to represent you for this transction we have some incentive for first time home buyers

Best Regard
Frank Mansoor
Web Reference: http://www.frankmansoor.com
Hi Neesha,

This is the perfect question for your buyer's agent. As mentioned earlier, you don't have to pay any commissions for the services and advice of a buyer's agent for a new home. I can do some detailed data analysis for you if you choose to select me for this position. I am sorry I cannot provide a more useful answer publicly. It can take quite a bit of time to do this kind of analysis - I would spend the time and effort if we had a buyer-agent relationship.

What will you lose if you have an agent? And what will you gain?

Best of Luck,
Hi Neesha,
I think I remember your name from a previous post. Have you been looking on your own? Without the expertise of a Realtor? You are doing yourself a dis-service! As buyers agents we are generally paid by the seller. There would be no fee from you for my services, assistance, expertise and guidance. Please call me to help you with this most important decision in your life! Brambleton is a great area and I can guide you through the process to help you make an educated decision. (703)973-7742 0r Jeanne.Little@Century21.com.

Jeanne Little
Neesha - if you're looking for a buyers agent to represent you, I'd be happy to. I can provide you with comps and some other information. I have sold a few. I am wondering "with all the upgrades"... not sure exactly what that means. Which collection? One of those by the water towers (I think that's the city collections by Van Metre and Beazer) or perhaps that new group that has just opened behind the town center - although I think they are at a higher price point, as are the Parkside towns from Van Metre. In any case, I have sold a few in that neighborhood and looked at them all. I can run comps and provide you with insights.