Voices Member,  in Panama City Beach, FL

Is this a good area for a single woman with college age children looking to relocate from Boca Raton?

Asked by Voices Member, Panama City Beach, FL Tue Jul 31, 2012

Answers

7
Yes it is, very safe and affordable, island has a laid back style, but Jax only 30 mins away for a major city area. you get to know people here, I lived in Ft Lauderdale and while a nice place, people around there more and harder to get a sense of community.
very good area, having lived in both places I choose Amelia anyday!
I used to live in Ft. Lauderdale and work in Boca, it is A LOT nicer here...people are friendly, there is a little of something for everyone... the river, beaches, state parks, neat places to eat, all in a safe enviroment.. I also like the wide range of residents, not just one group... We have The Ritz Carlton and an old gas station where you can eat burger and fried shrimp... quite diverse.

Some great colleges not too far away in Tallahasse and Gainsville... Jax is quite good too.

I would be happy to answer any questions, britishjulie@gmail.com
We lived in Fernandina for four years, and left because of work. We still have our house there and are planning to return soon. Fernandina is a very friendly place, with beautiful beaches, two little theaters, lots of art galleries, and a laid-back lifestyle. Avoid the plantation area unless you like snobs, but the rest of the place is terrific. People look out for each other, so it would be a great place for a single woman. My only complaints were with the public schools, which are mediocre, and the library, which is poor. (I used the one in north Jacksonville instead.) For someone in your situation, I think it would be ideal.

--posted by a non-Realtor
Yes. Amelia Island is within easy driving distance of Jacksonville where there are a number of institutions for higher learning including University of North Florida, Jacksonville University and Florida State Community College just to name a few. There are also many trade schools and technical schools in the Jacksonville area. Amelia Island is a family oriented area with a small town feel but close to Jacksonville if you want what the metro area has to offer. This area is slightly cooler in the winter months than Boca Raton so there is a mini change of seasons.
Hello Danikasing,

Rosemary Beach is a wonderful community with great community activities, and is very quiet. Terrifc town center and close to seaside (chich is great). All the area along 30A in Walton county is terrific. If I can help you find property there, or if you can tell me a little more about what sort of property you are looking for, I would be happy to assist you. Your college age children will love to visit you and take advantage of all the benefits of this beautiful area of the gulf coast of Florida!!

Thank you for asking the question.

Myke Triebold, GRI, LMC, SFR, ABR
850-305-6256
MykeSaysSold@aol.com
http://www.DestinHomeRealty.com

I cannot imagine a better community for you.....Fernandina Beach is a community that your children will not have the added stress while in College worrying about whether or not you are okay. If you haven't visited Fernandina yet, when you do, you will fall in love with this quaint historic seaside town.

Please visit: http://www.fbfl.us and http://www.islandchamber.com

Should you desire for me to begin sending you property in our area, just e-mail me your criteria and contact information. Also please visit my website:

Homes For Sale:
http://www.AmeliaIslandHomePro.com

Amelia Island Video

Darlene Morris
904-557-8123
darlene@chaplinwilliams.com