Home Buying in Los Angeles>Question Details

suzette.berk…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

Is there such a thing as listings for new homes. I notice the listings shown never have the year built or if there have been renovations.

Asked by suzette.berkman, Los Angeles, CA Thu Jun 5, 2014

I know if you speak with an agent they know the information, but I can't tell if a particular property is worth contacting an agent.

Answers

6
Hi Suzette,

Yes, there are listings for new homes. Typically the builders will list one or two models online.

I would be happy to email you a list of new homes that currently on the market for sale.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
JamieTian@RodeoRE.com
http://www.JamieTian.com
BRE #01920120
Some builders put listing on MLS. Often they advertise through newspaper and corp have realtors
selling them.
Hi Suzette,

If your considering a certain area it's best to work with a agent because they have all the updated information about new developments and all new homes either coming on the market or already on the market for sale. If you need an agent in your area I would be happy to refer one to you just let me know.

Jessica Aggson
Re/Max Parkside Real Estate
(Recently featured on HGTV's show House Hunters)
805-610-3536
JessicaAggson@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 5, 2014
Hi Suzette:

Unless you are trying to purchase a new home without an agent, or purchase an existing home using the listing agent, you may have the search process backwards. You don't have to find a home before you contact an agent. A RealtorĀ® can help you find the right home in the right condition with the right features. Usually you will find that home much more quickly.

If you feel that finding the home yourself will save you money, you may be right, but probably not. The odds really are against you. This is a much more complicated process than many people believe and there are numerous crossroads at which you can lose ground financially, sometimes without even noticing it. Having someone in your corner can make a world of difference.

I won't go into all the possible pitfalls of representing yourself in this answer, but I would encourage you to read my recent blog post about buying a new home without assistance. (The link is below.) Then you can make up your own mind.

Ron
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 5, 2014
Hi Suzette,

Yes, there are listings for new homes. When you state "renovations" do you mean upgrades on that home? If you are in the market for a new home then I would encourage you to obtain as much information as possible on that home. I have helped buyers for new homes in the past. Yes, you should contact an experienced real estate professional to help you.

Much Success!

Von
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 5, 2014
As far as I know, this information is more detailed then what you (as a consumer) will get. You will need a Realtor at some point, so why not start working with one who can provide everything you need?