Mohammedhoss…, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

Is there still houses less then 300,000 i been looking 6 years but my luck is always really bad?

Asked by Mohammedhossin83, Queens, NY Wed Jan 30, 2013

i want a house badly
pls help me
but dot pls
just
cheat me...

Answers

4
Absolutely one family that is a short sale or REO but there competition for these homes but there are out there with the right agent working for you you can find it.
I agree with my colleague, Habitat for Humanity is an excellent source for you. Also if you are a vet and became diabled in service to the country there are programs you might find helpful, also in New York Sonyma has five different programs available for homebuyers:
Achieving the Dream, Homes for Vets, Remodel NY, Own it Fix It, Construction Incentive.
Their contact number is 1-800-382-home(4663). Good Luck to you.
In queens, under $300,000 what you will find is a home that needs repair and updating. Have you been pre-approved by a bank. This is the only sure way to know what you can afford. If you went for a two family home you could be approved for a higher amount. There are mortgages that can include the cost of repairs. They are known as 203 loans. 203b with work totalling under$35K and 203k work in excess of $35K.
If you contact me I can put you in the right direction.
Good Luck,
Maureen
It depends on where you want to live and the type of housing you want. Are you being realistic with your expectations in that price range? It sounds like you have to make a trade off somewhere. Either move to a place where housing is less expensive or accept a home that may not have recent updates or maybe smaller than you wanted. Only you know what is most important. Make a written list of your housing needs and then put each housing feature in order of what is most important. Once you prioritize your needs the answer may become apparent to you.

Best of luck!