Alexwortham7…, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

Is there home buyer assistance for 1 yr. post chap. 7 with 747 score

Asked by Alexwortham7902, Indianapolis, IN Mon Feb 11, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Derek Crager’s answer
There is a way to do this by accepting possession today and prolonging the official sale a year from now. Perfectly legal loop hole in the system.

Contact the broker voted #1 in Indiana.
Derek B Crager
317.796.9825 Cell/Text

I wrote the book that Realtors across the nation learned from.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 13, 2013
If you are asking about qualifying for down payment assistance on a loan after filing bankruptcy, then no. Has it been one year since your bankruptcy was discharged or just filed? It will most likely take a minimum of two years following a discharge to qualify for a mortgage regardless of your credit score and maybe even longer depending. You need to talk with a lender that will be completely honest with you... And an agent too.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 3, 2013

One of my lenders has a couple grant programs right now. One of those
will expire in April. So, please give me a call soon if you want more info.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
Email me to
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
I know some lenders you should talk to. Your credit score is excellent, but the Chapter 7 is the glich. It would also be important that you had some money to put down on the property you are interested in. Please feel free to contact me and I will refer you to a great lender who can help you with your financing., 317-847-0055
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer