Home Buying in Loop>Question Details

Jude Stringf…, Other/Just Looking in Oklahoma City, OK

Is there anywhere to take your dog to pee if you live in 310 S. Michigan?

Asked by Jude Stringfellow, Oklahoma City, OK Sun Nov 15, 2009

I'm seriously looking to buy in the 310 S. Michigan building, but I have a dog. I don't want to have to cross busy Michigan especially in the winter to relieve my dog. Is there any grass in that area?

Answers

6
I would suggest those portable pads or unfortunately have to bear the cold and cross that street.
Best of luck
Forgot to say that Grant Park is directly across the street from 310 S. Michigan!

Cheers
You might consider the following options:

Using that green space across from the Library. Harold Washington was a big fan of public dog pee.

Find a neighbor's door you are not particularly fond of

Having portable wee-wee pads and throwing them down where you see fit

Waiting for the light to turn green, then crossing Michigan Ave. at your leisure
Jude,

I have a listing in the building and can tell you that Michigan Ave. at that location is very easy to cross. There is a long traffic light there and the Avenue is not so wide at that juncture.
I don't think you would have a problem at all.

If and when you are in Chicago please feel free to give me a call. You can obviously do a "dry run" too when you're here.

Let me know of any other questions you may have and I'll be happy to answer them for you. Chicago is a great city and we'd love to have you!

G. Marie Leaner
Coldwell Banker Michigan Avenue
773-317-5371
mschicagorealestate.com
According to Google maps there is a park at State and Van Buren, which is two blocks west of 310 S Michigan.
Hey Jude! (Bet you never heard that one before! Ha ha)
Anyway, on to business.....................
Did some research, and found out that pets up to 80 lb are allowed. Also, the nearest grass area without crossing Michigan is Printer's Row. (too far to walk just for a quick relief). But Grant Park is only one block away!! Once you cross Michigan, which is what you wanted to avoid, you will have a great place to walk your dog!! In my research I also found out that many of the owners in the building have dogs, and that is the common place for walking your dog.
As for the building itself, it looks beautiful. Along with the views.
If you need any more help, or have any other questions, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to help you in any way I can.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Have a great day!
Marge Ruff
Century 21 McMullen, Chicago
(708) 275-7102
ruffhouses@att.net
homesbuyruff.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 15, 2009