Home Buying in Marshall>Question Details

Laura Kerfoot, Renter in Middleburg, VA

Is there any way my fiancé and I can get a mortgage if he has good credit, but I have no history?

Asked by Laura Kerfoot, Middleburg, VA Thu Oct 11, 2012

He is eligible for a VA loan, but we've both had housing through our work the past three years, and therefore don't have any rental history. We're not in debt and pay all our bills on time. Is this possible?

Answers

3
Tracy Heinz’s answer
Hi it is absolutly possible to get a mortgage is your fiance has good credit and sufficient income. However getting a history for you may be easier than it seems. Is there anyone- Your fiance, your parents etc... that have credit cards with long history's of good payments? If so ask them if they would be willing to add you to the card as an authorized user. You DO NOT need to use the card so assure them of this. You then benefit from their long GOOD payment history. I had a client go from no history to a credit score of over 700 in less than 30 days doing this. She was then able to qualify for a mortgage. I hope this helps. Good Luck to you Both!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Laura, go on down to Middleburg Bank and talk to Terry at the Middleburg Mortgage desk. She will be able to give you good advice and I'm sure she can help get you a great mortgage.
I would have your fiance look into getting a VA loan. Contact USAA to see if he can get quaified. Good luck.