Zinnet Omidv…, Home Buyer in Mission Viejo, CA

Is there any restrictions to non US citizens for rental income from investment properties?

Asked by Zinnet Omidvar, Mission Viejo, CA Wed Jan 2, 2013

My husband and I are Canadian citizens. We would like to buy a multi family unit or an income property as an investment in southern California. Is there any restrictions for non citizens plus is income tax rate different than us citizens?

Answers

2
The Prendergast Team, Agent, McLean, VA
Hello Sir,

We deal with many non-citizen investors (most like high end). We can provide referneces but look at our website and you will get an idea of how we are the best.

Call me or email me tomorrow at 703.434.2711 or Will@Theprendergastteam.com

Look forward to talking!

Will Prendergast
There are many Canadians who own real estate in the US and collect rental income. You will have to pay taxes in the states and declare the income with the Canadian government. You might ask the real estate agent assisting you with your purchase to recommend a good tax attorney for a consultation. And/or ask your own tax attorney or accountant.
Thank you. As you suggested, I will talk to an accountant.
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013