Home Buying in Jacksonville>Question Details

Tanya, Home Buyer in Dalton, GA

Is there any new homes in Jacksonville that do not have HOAs or CDD?

Asked by Tanya, Dalton, GA Thu Jul 24, 2008

Answers

5
Tanya

I am sure there are, because not all people want to live in a community with an association. Some of the HOA fees can be really expensive while others are only around 200 per year. If you would like me to set you up on property watch so everything that meets your search criteria will be emailed to you along with details and pictures email or give me a call.

Shonda Sauls,REALTOR®
Pruential Network Realty
(904)260-4300 Office
(904)962-6139 Mobile
Shonda.Sauls@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
http://prudentialnetworkrealty.com/agent.aspx?id=34733
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 24, 2008
From my own experience when I built a new home a few years back, the non-HOA options were very limited, if existent at all. I've seen small pocket neighborhoods here and there, often built by smaller, custom home builders ($$$) that may have no HOA, but for the most part, a new home development will have an HOA - that's just how the developers do it now.

Avoiding the CDD fees will be much easier to do, however. Look towards the traditional neighborhoods without the amenity centers and you'll find the same new homes without the CDD fees.

If the concern is over the additional cost, there are HOAs with very low costs. I am selling my newer home and my neighborhood has only a $220/yr HOA fee. For that fee, our 3 lakes are maintained, fountain, community signage, landscaping and landscape lighting, tot lot, advertising for our yearly community garage sale and many other details. The HOA keeps a cohesiveness look to the neighborhood without being intrusive, there is still the freedom to create a personal look. For the money, I really don't have any complaints.

There are many neighborhoods in my area of 32246 that have only HOA fees. Here is a link to my home, it was built by the same builder who builds in the CDD neighborhoods (same floor plan and all):

http://www.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?zp=32246&am…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 2, 2008
Hi I can see the link....I am looking for a community like that, just HOA no CDD. We want green areas, SAFETY, and a small home. We dot need huge pools or expensive community centers. Around 150,000. even better if its less than that. We are even looking for foreclosures....
Flag Sun Jul 14, 2013
HI I am looking for that exactly. safe community, walking distance, small home with nice green areas.. don't need pools and all the expensive things communities w CDD's have now.... Can someone help under $150,000
Flag Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hi Tanya, The answer is "YES". There are new homes all over the geater metrolpolitan area that fit your 2 criteria. I'm a Realtor who specializes in the Historic districts around downtown and can show you existing new construction homes that are superb, and surprisingly affordable. The best thing is these homes are designed to fit within the historic nature of the neighborhood yet provide the owner with the energy efficiency and quality of new construction. Please call me at 904-984-6587 to talk more. Thanks, Jason Lindsay
It depends what you're looking for. Some builders are building homes on individual lots they are buying all over the city, so they would be in areas that don't have HOA's. What is your reasoning for not wanting an HOA? If you find one that is very reasonable, sometimes they are good having, since they keep the property values up, by not letting your neighbor build some obstruction or paint their home pink!?
And CDD fees can be high, but they are not in every area.
LEt me know if you need any extra help.
Jeannette Kohlhaas
Keller Williams Realty JAX
(904) 735-8666 buyandsellGOLFhomes.com
Hey there, I just did a quick general search in the greater Jacksonville area for new construction, no HOA fees and no CDD fees. Guess what, with no price parameters and no specific area parameter...344 single family dwellings. Now, if you want Southside area, under $500,000, then there are about 30 homes. If you'd like me help you drill down to particulr prices, sizes, neighborhoods just give a shout - Katherine 904-422-8262 and kdavidson@watsonrealtycorp.com. Pretty much, whatever you want. we have it somewhere in Jacksonville. It's a great town! All the best,....