Home Buying in Grovertown>Question Details

Ihaterenting, Renter in Knox, IN

Is there any homes for sale in Knox, In that would be willing to do a "rent to own"?

Asked by Ihaterenting, Knox, IN Fri Apr 27, 2012

Its hard trying to get a loan right now, we are swampped by student loans, truck loan, and my husband not having any credit. We pay alot for rent now, I am just sick of paying all this rent and not having a home that is ours to show for it. I would much rather "rent to own" a home in which I can fix up and make ours then to continue to pay rent. Please help!

Answers

2
How much rent do you now pay and what kind of a down payment can you come up with?
We pay $575.00 month plus all utilites.....as for down payment we have 2500.00 ready.....
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012
You might try contacting each real estate agency in your area and asking if they have any sellers who might be will ing to sell on contract or "rent-to-own." It might help to run an ad in the newspaper, online like craigslist, or even post on Facebook. Have your tried applying for an FHA or USDA Rural Development loan. Home ownership may be easier than you think. Good luck.
Thank You for your great info. I will be trying some of the things you listed and keep my fingers crossed.
Flag Tue May 1, 2012