Home Buying in 29730>Question Details

Tonia, Renter in Rock Hill, SC

Is there any first time buyers home loans for a family with a disabilty family member in rock hill sc...????? ?????

Asked by Tonia, Rock Hill, SC Tue Feb 21, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Good evening Tonia:
There are home buying programs and financial assistance for people with disabilities. Be prepared to do some research and there is much to learn about buying a home of your own.

First see the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. At the homepage of HUD, under "sections for you" pick on "people with disabilities." This page was created for people with disabilities and contains information from all parts of HUD's website of interest to people with disabilities. Under "local home buying programs" HUD tells you exactly what to do and the resources that can help you. Guides to local resources are available. HUD allows you to search for agents by state, then select by city. Call a HUD funded housing counseling agency in your area to discuss your options.

Home of Your Own Alliance is a partnership effort between the federal government, the Administration on Developmental Disabilities, and nationally recognized non-profit groups for people with disabilities that are promoting opportunities for person-owned/controlled housing. Section 8 Vouchers for Homeownership through HUD's Section 8 Final Rule, now make it possible for people with low incomes to use their Section 8 vouchers to purchase their own homes.

Fannie Mae offers HomeChoiceâ„¢ for single-family mortgage loans for low to moderate-income persons with disabilities. HomeChoice is available to home buyers who have disabilities or who live with family members with disabilities. HomeChoice borrowers can make a low down payment. HomeChoice is available only to qualified borrowers through a homeownership coalition selected by FannieMae. Borrowers must be approved by Fannie Mae approved lenders who are working with these coalitions.

South Carolina DOES have a program for those with disabilities. Depending on the family income, you could be eligible for $4,000 down payment assistance that is either forgiven or repaid - depending on your family income.

Follow the link below for a lending partner in your area. They will be able to tell you if you qualify for this and other homebuyer programs.

You can also call 803-896-9508 or email homeownership@schousing.com While they technically don't have programs specifically for borrowers with disabilities, NACA's main loan program is very strong and it works well with the SHA program funds.

If you appreciate an answer, please give "thumbs up". For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 21, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer