Navin, Home Buyer in Lauderhill, FL

Is there any extra fees Canadians has to pay to purchase a house in Florida?

Asked by Navin, Lauderhill, FL Tue Jan 15, 2013

Answers

10
Terry McCarley’s answer
No extra fees have to be paid but there are things you do need to be aware of.

I work with a lot of Canadian buyers and they have found a brochure I have regarding what non US citizens need to know when buying or selling property in the US to be very informative.

If you would like a copy please email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net or give me a call at 239-707-4575.

Terry McCarley, Realtor®, CDPE / American Brokers Realty Group
There are no extra fees when you purchase but there are when you sell. There is FIRPTA which designates the closing agent to withhold 10% if the sales price if over $300,000 until there is verification that the taxes are paid on the sale.
If you are a foreign national, you do not have to pay any extra fees for purchasing a home in Fort Lauderdale or anywhere else in Florida.

As a Foreign National you always have to pay full tax rates because you will not qualify for a homestead exemption. That exemption allows full time residents of Florida (driver's license, voter registration, at least 6 months and 1 day or residence) to subtract up to $50,000 from the price of their homes before taxes are computed.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
No extra fees; just keep in mind that if you do not qualify for a Homestead discount, your taxes will be higer (like ANYONE who has no Homestead on their property)...

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Canadians are treated equally LOL
Hello Navin,

Closing costs are the same for Canadians as they are for anyone purchasing a property in Florida. There shouldn't be any additional fees. Good Luck. Please contact us if you need assistance or additional information
Hi Navin,
They are no extra fees that you will have to pay in reference to purchasing a home here in Florida. I will be more than happy to assit you in finding a great home here in South Florida as the weather is wonderful right now, and you can escape the Canadian cold. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Hi, your question is excellent. Please call me or email me for more details and recommendations. Your Go To Florida Expert Broker, Julie Rosenthal, (561)827-6789 l email: julier6789@gmail.com
See all listings and information at wwwl.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com property Brokers International
Hi Navin! No there are no extra fees for buying while a resident in another country. Consult with your tax professional if you think you may want to sell the home in the future.
Hello Navin,

No - there are no additional fees required.

If you are interested in finding a home in the area, I would be happy to assist.

Please contact me for any other questions that you may have.

Susan
--

Susan Gauthier, Sales Associate
By The Sea Realty, Inc.
Office: 954-351-7007
Fax: 954-351-5005
susangauthier@bythesearealty.com
http://www.ByTheSeaRealty.com