Home Buying in Saginaw>Question Details

Shelbyd, Home Buyer in Saginaw, MI

Is there any banks that will give out FHA loans for people with a credit score lower than 620?

Asked by Shelbyd, Saginaw, MI Tue Mar 1, 2011

Answers

4
Tom Webb’s answer
Wells Fargo has a new program that starts at a 500 credit score. The down payment amount is tied to the credit score, so the lower the score plan on a larger down payment. Check out the details at wellsfargo.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 1, 2011
I am a Mortgage Broker not a bank but, I deal with several lenders that will loan to borrowers with scores below 620, I have one lender that will go to 580. The down payments for these lenders is the standard 3.5% FHA requirement. I would be more than happy to assist you with this process if you would be interested.

Jim McDonald
616.604.4668
Also, the Wells Fargo Loan will require a larger down payment. That is key, if you have the down payment you may be on your way!
Yes!! Wells Fargo for one. Of course loan is also tied into your ability to repay (a job!)