Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Jessica, Home Buyer in Saint George, Staten...

Is there any bank that anyone may know off that will do a mortgage loan with a tax id number, Me and my husband would like to buy a house.?

Asked by Jessica, Saint George, Staten Island, NY Thu May 23, 2013

At the moment all he has is a tax id number we are in the process for citizenship. I'm a citizen.

Answers

2
Jessica, what Trevor explained below might be a little different than your situation. If your husband has an employment authorization card, than he would also have a social security card and not necessarily a visa, if this is his case he is eligible for a FHA or even Conventional loan, just the same as a US citizen is.

But, if his situation is that he has a tax ID, but no employment authorization card, no resident alien card, meaning his US residence status is illegal, than he would not be eligible for a mortgage. With this situation I know only once company who does loans to people with your huaband's situation, you can email me and I'll send you their info.

I do want to say, even though its not my experience of expertise, if you're a US citizen and you guys are legally married, I believe it's about a 6 month process for him to obtain an employment authorization along with a social security card. By him showing his tax returns, even though it'll have his tax ID # as oppose to a SSN, he can document his 2+ years employment history. He doesn't necessarily need to have his SSN for 2 years.

Feel free to contact me and if be more than happy to give you the information of that company who lends to tax ID borrowers. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(631) 659-2011 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Good morning Jessica,

The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) program allows for a person with valid work authorization and a history of renewing the work authorization along with a tax ID to qualify for FHA Insured mortgage financing. That having been said, in the current lending environment, many differenty Lenders have varying criteria on the acceptability of this qualifying scenario.

Your best bet is to meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get Prequalified.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!