Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

Regina, Both Buyer and Seller in 06883

Is there a website where they give information about the previous sale price of a home?

Asked by Regina, 06883 Fri Nov 9, 2007

There's a house in Weston, CT. that I'm very interested in. It's been on the market a long time. How can I find out how much the present owners paid for this house?

Answers

11
Regina,
You are interested in Weston, Connecticut--is that correct? The Trulia information shows Weston, West Virginia, but your question specifies Weston, Connecticut; so I will try to answer that...

Property records/deed transfers are a matter of public record. Try this link:
http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/CT_Fairfield.htm

If that doesn't help, contact:

Fairfield County Clerk
1061 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604-4222
Telephone: (203) 579-6527

Best of luck and happy hunting!
You should look in your county's website and do a property search. You can usually figure that out by how much taxes they paid.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 10, 2008
Hi Regina,

Trulia has this information as well. Please see the link below for homes sold in Weston within the past 9 months.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2007
Hi Sylvia. I was finally able to access Zillow again. The last sale and tax info is contained in the "Charts & Data" section towards the bottom of the page and it shows that the property sold last for $524,500 on 1/22/1998.
Web Reference: http://www.theMLShub.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2007
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in Newcastle, CA
Ask your local Realtor to look up that information for you. If not you can always visit zillow.com for information.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2007
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
Hi Regina:

Just want to clarify what Ute said about Zillow vs. what you are looking for -

What Zillow has are recent sales information, whether it is active or sold (so, in your case, if the house is active and the data is entered onto Zillow, it should be the list price. So, since the house you are interested in is currently on the market, the price on Zillow should be the list price.

However, for other properties that are NOT recently sold, the price listed on Zillow is the estiamted value of the house only by taking data from tax records, appraised value and whatever calculation methods they use to come up with the Zesimated value which can be quite incorrect.

For your specific question; Bridgette's answer is probably the better one to go with. - or call your Realtor.

Sylvia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2007
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Hello Regina. You can go to http://www.zillow.com where you can find the information for the most recent sale.
Web Reference: http://www.themlshub.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 9, 2007
Hi Regina,

The EASIEST thing for you to do is have a REALTOR look into the county tax records for you. In my area, I have direct access to that information and it is already linked to a current listing. I can look at the rhistory of that particular property. The issue might be WHEN did they buy the house? If it was before everything was automated, computerized, you can go to the county it in and they should be able to help you.
Hi Sylvia. When you click on the link and you get to the property information, you'll see first the list price and to the right you'll see the infamous zestimate. You have to scroll down to be able to see the most recent sale data for the property. You'll be able to see that the property for which I provided the link in my earlier post sold in 1998 for I believe $558,000 (I can't access the link right now because Zillow's webserver is down). The trick is to scroll down and you'll see the sold data info.
Web Reference: http://www.theMLShub.com
Thanks Ute. I am always happy to learn new things - one of the good things about Trulia.

On the link your provide, I see how much the house is listed for, but I cant' find how much the previous owner paid for this house. If you can point out how to look fot it, I'd appreciate it. so I won't continue to make the same mistake.

Sylvia
Sylvia. I do not believe you are correct. Yes, if the property is listed, Zillow will show the list price. It will also provide the most recent sale price. I am providing a link to a Zillow listing to show what I am talking about. When a property is listed, Zillow will show the list price, the zestimate and the most recent sale data. While I am not a fan of the zestimate, I think Zillow will provide Regina the answer that she was looking for in her question.