Home Buying in Loop>Question Details

Marie, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Is there a way to get an second opinion from an agent of an opening offer for a flat fee?

Asked by Marie, Chicago, IL Wed Mar 12, 2008

My agent has given me her advice based on comps (but there aren't a lot in recent months) and I'd like to hear what someone else would do.

0 votes Share Flag Home Buying in Loop

Answers

6
You can't trust your agent but you're willing to ask someone that you have not worked with to give you advice? Good Luck!!
I'll try to help. You need to also consider current listings; they are the competition. PM me.
Some areas are easier than others to decipher from the MLS data. Your agent can olny base their decision on 3 things 1) the comps 2) experience 3) the current market in the area in general. Sometimes you have to use all 3 and make the best "guestimate" you can.
Hi Marie,

The advice that you are requesting needs to come directly from your real estate agent. You can ask your agent if she could go over the comps with the Managing broker of her office (if she has one) and get their opinion on the deal.
Yes. My buying agent has given me her opinion, but I'd like to go lower. As a first time home buyer, I don't want to mess up. I was wondering if there are services/people that would provide their opinion of a reasonable first offer and ultimate buying price.
Marie, I am not clear on your question. Are you looking to pay someone to review your offer?