Scerbone1, Home Owner in Bucks County, PA

Is there a way to find out what the HOA fees and taxes are on properties without contacting an agent directly? Some sites list them and others

Asked by Scerbone1, Bucks County, PA Thu Feb 23, 2012

don't. We will eventually likely hook up with a realtor but I prefer to do my own online searches and rule out properties based on taxes and HOAs, since they are a major consideration for us. We want to purchase something in southern FL but are looking in a wide variety of areas, since we have family on both the east and west coast. We currently live in NJ and are familiar with the Ft. Myers and West Palm Beach areas, but we are looking in a 60 mile range around each of those cities. Some of the sites that do include fees don't specify if they're monthly, quarterly or annual.

Also, how can I find the best realtor in an area for foreclosures? Thank you.

Answers

13
Dear Florida Home Buyer,
The data appearing on aggregate sites like Truila is schlepped from a variiety of soucres. For instance Trulia receives data regarding MY LISTINGS from Postlets, Remax, Realtor.com and other sources which I have no knowledge of. Here is what I do know.

I do enter the HOA data including what is covered in the maintenance and HOA fees. This data does not get across the great schlepping chasm....for reasons beyond my understanding. Perhaps it is the same reason why my name is usually removed as well as my contact data unless I manually edit it. So, be aware, the professionals participating here are providing all the information available. However, we do understand the frustration you experience. So we provide a solution. Eventually you will need to migrate from these aggregate entertainment sites and use data resources with timely, reliable and accurate data. Only you know when you are really serious.

If you are looking for a place to buy in the Tampa Bay area (Including ORlando), you can have access to the area Multiple Listing Service. No calls, No meeting. Just sign up, IT's FREE
http://www.MyListingbook.listingbook.com

Looking for FORECLOSURES! All real estate professional have access to most of these listings. There is however more to consider based on your specific needs and situation.
PS: Don't waste your money on RealtyTrac.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 23, 2012
Property Appraiser's Website in each County of interest can be a wealth info on
taxes and identifying "community" for a property.

My advice would be to establish contact with a helpful agent in each Market Area of
Interest and " bounce " your after research questions off that person.

Bob Brubaker Highlight Realty Palm Beach County FL. 561-876-6649
Web Reference: http://pbc-realcam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 23, 2012
Just call the Listing agent or call the property management company for the subdivision. As for taxes visit the property appraiser site and you can put in the address to pull up the information and you can see the 2011 taxes.
Web Reference: http://mypbchomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 23, 2012
You can continue to hunt and post questions like this here and there or just call the agent or any agent who can look them up on the mls listings and tell you. Gees, we don't bite and we don't grab your name and spam you to death. We are here to help and all you have to do is ask.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 23, 2012
Hi Scerbone,
You will not find one site that will give you all the info you need even if you are looking at one county. This is precisely why you need a buyer's agent. Why not find one in both Ft. Myers and West Palm? As far as "the best realtor for foreclosures", any agent who knows what he/she is doing will have access to the best foreclosure resources in his/her area. Make a few calls, talk to a few agents, listen to your gut feeling and you will find quite a few knowlegeable people on both coasts. Good luck.
Hello, I would go to my website where I have written many articles that answer your questions., the most important being "Why you need a good buyer's agent" in Florida. Also I walk you through how property taxes are determined, you really don't need an internet site to tell you because what the current homeowner is paying in Florida has no bearing on what you will pay.

Gary Hitchcock
Keyes
http://www.ParklandExpert.com
If you would like me to I can set you up with a free and no obligation Listing Book account. It works very similar to our MLS's and it will have all the data you are looking for - - current taxes, HOA or Condo fees as applicable, listing photos, DOM, etc. It covers all of Florida's counties/cities/towns and you yourself can plug in and update your search criteria or even discontinue it as your want may be.

If you would like me to set this up for you just send me an email. I won't spam you or even bite you!

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Assocate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
JoanMooreRealtor@gmail.com
Scerbone1,
Connect with a Realtor. Most Realtors can give you access to the MLS through them. You can do your own search, and get most of the information. You would contact your Realtor, only when you have questions. That way, you have a Realtor to talk to and still do your own search.
Genevieve Ramachandran
The best way to search is directly through your local MLS system. Trulia, Zillow, etc are feeds from there & don't provide all the data or accuracy as the initial source. So, search there!!!
The Marie Souza Team - Top Selling on Cape Cod
Cape Cod Real Estate Services
Phone: 508-790-2000
info@mariesouzateam.com
http://www.MarieSouzaTeam.com
Yikes. I didn't mean to offend anyone and understand that realtors don't bite . . . I just don't want to waste anyone's time until we have narrowed down our search. Thank you for the posts.
I would just ask the listing agent, so far none of them I have ever spoken to bite.
The easiest way of course will be to ask a local agent. We are always willing to provide information with no obligation. Otherwise you can try looking up the website or phone # for the community association and call them. By asking a local agent they can do all of the research for you on multiple properties saving you time.
Royal Palm Beach has many communtites with no HOA so it is possible that the home you are looking at does not have HOA fees which is why they are not listed.
Lesli Fioretti
Boynton Beach/Lake Worth/ Royal Palm Beach/Wellington
954-695-0549
Good morning Scerbone1,
I understand your concern, however if the listing agent does not provide the HOA information then it will not appear on these sites. Some of them do not have an area to enter this info. Therefore, it is not an easy task to do this without an agent. You may need to hire an agent to let them do the work for you as it costs you nothing.
Best of luck to you,
Jen Babacan
Galleria International Realty
jenbabacan@live.com
Cell (954) 648-7334